These Are the Coolest F-ing Game-Related Cupcakes Ever

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
These Are the Coolest F-ing Game-Related Cupcakes Ever

100 cupcakes, 100 video-and-board-games. Can you name them all?

I wonder what drives a cake-maker (perhaps an amateur one, even?) to do something like this [http://www.steelheadstudio.com/100cupcakes/]. According to the site, the master confectionarian (is that a word? It is now!) and friends have a tradition to ring in the New Year with games - and not just the video kind, either - and seeing as how it was their house's 100th anniversary, they decided to make 100 cupcakes. Only the cupcakes themselves would be a game, because each and every one would be made to represent a famous board game or videogame.

It's a cool little game on the site [http://www.steelheadstudio.com/100cupcakes/], where each cupcake comes with a little mouse-over box that you can look at to find the answer, though most of these are pretty easy, especially the videogames. While some of the characters look kind of silly (Duke Nukem, Link, and the Warcraft orc made me chuckle) the level of detail on many of these cupcakes is genuinely astounding. In fact, I can say that despite looking absolutely scrumptious, I'd almost feel bad about eating one thanks to how much work went into it.

Almost.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Wow. That... they must be pretty devoted to the task...
Wow. Some of those are pretty crazy. Don't think I could eat them though...

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
BEST. IDEA. EVER.

Really whoever thought this up wins the Nobel prize for awesome.

Beefcakes

Pants Lord of Vodka
Aug 11, 2008
Big ups to these people
I wonder if they were all edible...
And, I wonder if they all got eaten!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
The DSM said:
BEST. IDEA. EVER.

Really whoever thought this up wins the Nobel prize for awesome.
Agreed! And where can I buy these!!!

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
wow this makes my vegetable soup i was planning on having for dinner look like crap, thanks Funk i now have to buy a tons of cupcakes.

really impressed by allot of them, but i wouldn't think twice about eating each and everyone of them.

Zenode

Jan 21, 2009
Frankydee said:
I like how they accentuated Lara's boobs.
FIXED
hehe I'm glad i'm not the only one who noticed that, the amount of detail is absolutely staggering

hey look Yahtzee is there aswell.....lets eat him it

darthzew

Jun 19, 2008
Wow, I was impressed with the level of detail and the references were also impressive. You actually had to know the game in some cases to know what they were.