The Escapist Presents: March Mayhem: Tournament Wrap Up

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
March Mayhem: Tournament Wrap Up

Dan and Mitch talk to members of the Escapist community about March Mayhem, with the tournament now closed.

Watch Video

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
Indigo_Dingo said:
I still say those machinima videos would have looked more appealing done with LittleBigPlanet.

I also couldn't make ut a word anyone was saying.

So, without further ado, bring out the people saying that because their favourite developer lost, the contest is invalid.
So anyone who doesn't play a Turbine MMO and was drawn here by their ads?

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
Right, well I give up on ever getting a VO for this site. First wilsonscrazybed loses my file for his Escapist Audio Project, now they lose my interview for Bioware.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
xitel said:
Right, well I give up on ever getting a VO for this site. First wilsonscrazybed loses my file for his Escapist Audio Project, now they lose my interview for Bioware.
Come now Xitel...we still love you!

TheBlackKnight

ESEY on the Kross
Nov 3, 2008
a small suggestion for the next time:: tone down the music, ramp up the sound bits from the community.

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
Spinwhiz said:
xitel said:
Come now Xitel...we still love you!
Haha I know, I'm just giving you folks a hard time. I had given up expecting this video to ever get made in the first place to be honest.

wordsmith

TF2 Group Admin
May 1, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
I still say those machinima videos would have looked more appealing done with LittleBigPlanet.

So, without further ado, bring out the people saying that because their favourite developer lost, the contest is invalid.
To be fair, 90% of the people who voted for Turbine have left. How are you meant to defend against a zerg rush?

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
So... Who wants to bet on Turbine winning again next year? For a £1 bet, you could win...erm, £1.0000001

wordsmith

TF2 Group Admin
May 1, 2008
Change the rules, you can only vote if you've been registered for a month before the competition. THEN we'll see who the Escapist's favourite developer is.

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
Aw, you deleted the part where I spoiled the ending of LOTR for all those people who play Turbine's games and don't know yet.

Kuliani

BEACUASE
Dec 14, 2004
Ah, I like this video the best out of all the March Mayhem videos. Nice works, video guys!

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
wordsmith said:
Indigo_Dingo said:

To be fair, 90% of the people who voted for Turbine have left. How are you meant to defend against a zerg rush?
Where are you getting your information for this?

MiloP

Jan 23, 2009
"If it weren't for our amazing game developers and their games, we wouldn't even have March Mayhem!"

Hmmm, how can we convince game developers to stop making games? Head SCRATCHER.

Jul 9, 2008
Broken Wings said:
Spinwhiz said:
wordsmith said:
Indigo_Dingo said:

Where are you getting your information for this?
Yeah smith lets hear it.
No, lets not. I don't want to go through that again.

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
L.B. Jeffries said:
Aw, you deleted the part where I spoiled the ending of LOTR for all those people who play Turbine's games and don't know yet.
You misled us all! You sound nothing like an apple-faced man in a suit!

pieeater911

Jun 27, 2008
Turbine won?
*Sigh*

Also, the user videos were really quite. Way too hard to hear.

Maybe all my loud music has made me go deaf.