You Are Here: The Escapist Game Locations Quiz!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
You Are Here: The Escapist Game Locations Quiz!

Here's hoping you took a moment or two to look around while you were running around collecting rings and killing Nazis, because this quiz is all about location, location, location.

Part of what makes videogames such wonderful escapist entertainment is that they create strange new worlds for us to visit. We can fight alien invaders on a distant planet, solve a mystery in an alternate future, or steal a car in a city that's at once completely familiar and utterly brand new. This quiz highlights some of the most memorable locations from games - no passport required.

As always, you can take as long as you like to take the quiz, but your overall time will affect your position on the leaderboards.

When you're done taking the quiz, let us know if there's a particular game location or area of which you're particularly fond.

(Take the quiz. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/52])

Woem

May 28, 2009
My absolute favorite game location must be Sigil's Brothel of Slating Intellectual Lusts in Planescape: Torment. Aaah Fall-From-Grace, you make my Sensate sense tingle.

Yay for quiz fifty
Will there be a badge for us
Badge hunter hopes so

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Intresting factoid: Balmora is not only a location in Morrowind, but also a planet in Star Wars. Reference? Coincidence? Anchient freemason conspiracy? Who knows.

As for the quiz - i played half of those games, other half i do not know anything about.

And now, location. Alpine maps in TF2 are beautiful, but there's one particulary good one, added in WAR update: Gorge. It's... well... it's gorgeous. Click here for rimshot.

GeneralGrant

Dec 1, 2009
Oh boy 2nd place-guessed on about half of them because I haven't played half those games.

I'd say World of Warcraft is my favorite for game locations-there's tombs for notable characters, interesting landmarks like the Dark Portal, and every zone is radically different.

The Undoer

Sep 13, 2009
6/10, last place. awhhh. I don't do JRPG's :\ Lost me a few, nor do I do 2d fighters... :( Oh well. GeneralGrant, I would agree, but I've been taken in my Dragon Age, that has some nice random trivia, if you like WoW, you should try it DA! :p

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Izoon said:
6/10, last place. awhhh. I don't do JRPG's :\ Lost me a few, nor do I do 2d fighters... :( Oh well. GeneralGrant, I would agree, but I've been taken in my Dragon Age, that has some nice random trivia, if you like WoW, you should try it DA! :p
There's only one JRPG in the quiz, so I'm not sure how that lost you a "few".

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
Woot, got it first time! I knew most of them, but had to guess a few (like the one with Denerim or whatever). Let's see how long I manage to keep my spot at the top.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
to no big surprise the ones i got wrong where the old games and the jrpg one.

i really cant remember what place mario wanted to have his vacation 8 years ago, i cant remember where I went on vacation 8 years ago.

please, when doing these quizzes try to make them about newer games.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Glad to see echo baazar getting mention; only just recenbtly started playing but the world of (insert answer here) is genuinely amazing

Mariena

Sep 25, 2008
Awww, I was hoping to look at pictures and you'd have to guess which game location it is.