Kid Brings Gun to School to Trade for PSP

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Kid Brings Gun to School to Trade for PSP

A middle school in Tacoma, Washington was placed under lockdown after a 13-year-old boy brought a gun to school - not to shoot anybody, but to trade for a Playstation Portable.

Say you were a 13-year-old boy (this is, of course, assuming that you aren't) who really, really wanted a PSP. What would you do in order to get it? You could ask your parents to buy one for you, you could save your allowance, you could mow lawns or walk dogs ... or you could trade for one. Surely, you could find some videogame enthusiast willing to part with his Playstation Portable if you gave him the right item he so coveted!

Unfortunately, in this case, said item happened to be a handgun. Police locked down Mason Middle School in Tacoma, WA, after the boy was found with a pistol taken from his father's gun collection. The student in question had ammunition with him, though the gun was not loaded and, according to the police, no one was hurt. However, the student's father reported that a second weapon had also gone missing from his collection, which, as far as has been reported, has not yet been found.

The student is currently in juvenile detention. He is also an idiot. How can anybody - 13-year-old or not - think that this would be a remotely good idea? Ever? For that matter, what about the kid who wanted to trade his PSP for the gun? That seems slightly more worrisome to me than the one who was willing to part with his (father's) weaponry to get his hands on a PSP.

Handgun for a handheld - not exactly the fairest trade, here.

(KiroTV [http://www.kirotv.com/news/19191765/detail.html#-])

Labyrinth

Escapist Points: 9001
Oct 14, 2007
Hey, do you think I could get my hands on a combat knife in return for a handful or two of Pok'e'mon cards? I think there's more than one rare in the bunch. Any takers?

DaMunky89

Aug 15, 2007
That depends, got any Surfin' Pikachu? I'm not parting with this KA-BAR unless it's a holofoil, too.

chumpzilla_69

Jul 19, 2008
Surely you dont trade it, you just hold him at gun point? Children are getting thicker these days. Not that i'm promoting school shootings. That would suck ass.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
A guns in schools story with a funny ending?

This is brilliant!

Why can't all kids with guns think like that?

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Gun for handheld.

Shot gun for gaming console.

Rocket launcher for laptop.

KaZZaP

Aug 7, 2008
fix-the-spade said:
A guns in schools story with a funny ending?

This is brilliant!

Why can't all kids with guns think like that?
Probably only a happy ending because the kid who wanted the gun and ammo didn't get it.

ryai458

Oct 20, 2008
wow that was pretty bad, you gotta wonder where the second gun is maybe he REALLY wanted some ice cream and traded for it

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
KaZZaP said:
Probably only a happy ending because the kid who wanted the gun and ammo didn't get it.
Possibly, but I still would rather see stories like this than 'kid brings gun to school, shoots teacher/friend/parent dead,' stories that seem to crop up every six months.

R3dF41c0n

Feb 11, 2009
Epic fail, sounds like the kid lacked common sense but at least the dad had enough sense to leave the weapon unloaded.

kaziard

Oct 28, 2008
OMG what a frikin idiot!! to even remotely think that bringing a working, dangerous firearm into a school to trade for some handheld console, i mean this is outrageous and i am disgusted!!!!

....if it was for a PS3 on the other hand....