Stolen Pixels #162: Rorschach Interview, Part 4

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Stolen Pixels #162: Rorschach Interview, Part 4

Can Metro save the day? Find out in the thrilling conclusion!

Read Full Article

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Ha, if only everyone was a easy to trick as Rorschach...
Now I just need to find out who this Jay Leno person is...
Heh, another good comic strip.

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
Leno's just a talk show host. He's not that important.

Good strip, Shamus, but I'm on Team Belmont.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
Well I'm on nobody team cause CoCo got fired. So I guess Team Coco vs The Chin battle is over. But Conan managed to clean NBC for 45 million dollars on the way out. So I guess he is the one laughing right now, considering NBC status.

Also yay for new Stolen Pixels.

Skreeee

Jun 5, 2009
I'm Team CoCo for the fact that he apparently made the most expensive joke in history just as a big 'fuck you' to NBC.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/110012124130/conan-obriens-crazy-expensive-bugatti-veyron-mouse

Amarsir

Jul 7, 2009
Haven't watched either in years. I think Conan's the better interviewer, while Jay's far better at standup. Since the most I'll watch is a monologue, I guess that makes me Team Jay. But I don't really are.

The thing is, NBC was enormously kind to O'Brien. Leno had neither the desire nor the need to leave The Tonight Show, yet they started pushing him out 5 years ago just to please Conan. Who then repaid the network with lousy ratings.

So although "Team CoCo" won the Twitter war, Jay pulls a much bigger audience. Which leads me to conclude that Jay fans are less likely to spend time on Twitter.

Huh. I guess I have to pull for Team Jay after all.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Hey, none of this is Leno's fault. He's just doing what he's told. I feel bad for Conan, though.

The only late night show I like is Craig Ferguson, so I'm immune to these "wars".

krellen

Unrepentant Obsidian Fanboy
Jan 23, 2009
Amarsir said:
The thing is, NBC was enormously kind to O'Brien. [..] Who then repaid the network with lousy ratings.
Placing all the blame on Conan is colossally unfair. Not only was Conan's lead-in worse than Leno's (being Leno, rather than ER), but he didn't even have a year to build his own following from what viewers were left after Leno's failure.

Leno was cancelled from prime-time precisely because he was delivering horrible ratings himself. Blaming Conan for that seems completely nonsensical.

Anibalbox

Nov 23, 2009
I'm not from the US, and honestly I have never seen Conan. But I have seen a few Leno stand ups, and I found him funny, so I will go for Team Big Jaw.
By the way, I remember Conan telling Bart (Simpson) that he was the only one who could do the dance, so screw him....

Apr 28, 2008
I'm on team who cares.
Because I don't really care.

But I do feel for ConanLeno.

If Leno wanted to leave, then let him leave, but don't take him back just because he changed his mind.

It seems that Leno got screwed over in the first place, and he's just trying to get his show back, so good luck to him I guess.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
lol, I love the end of it, very topical! Made me chuckle for sure!

And for me, not been American dosnt effect me all that much to be honest. I sympathise with Conan and whats happened...but, at the end of it he has gotten a bumper payout so... /hurray!

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Wait, Rorschach hates communists? What's up with that? Is that because he's supposed to be a Nazi of sorts, or what?

As for talk shows, i don't give a flying excrement about it. You see, i rarely even watch TV, and i'm on the other side of the world to boot.

Sedweiler

Dec 5, 2009
I'm not really familiar with Jay Leno, but I even more enjoy Conan. So I'm siding with Team CoCo.

And as others have said it, in one way or another: Don't go changing your mind when the change is done. You'll end up paying huge compensations and then the Masturbating Bear happens.