Gamers Helping Haiti Offers $1400 Worth Of Stuff for $20 Donation

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Gamers Helping Haiti Offers $1400 Worth Of Stuff for $20 Donation

If you donate $20 of earthquake relief through Gamers Helping Haiti, not only do you get massive karma points, you also receive a massive amount of tabletop gaming products.

Doctors Without Borders [http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=78023&it=1] efforts to provide medical support to the people of Haiti. In exchange for the donation, you will be able to download hundreds of tabletop gaming materials. So far, the response from gamers has been overwhelming and Gamers Help Haiti has raised over $90,910.

"We are humbled by the generosity of both our customers and our publishers, all of whom have stepped up at this time of terrible tragedy to offer aid to a desperate people," said Sean Patrick Fannon, Marketing and Communications Manager for DriveThruRPG. "We are also very proud to facilitate these collective efforts, providing the necessary tools and technology to bring it all together."

Even if you don't give a shit about the people of Haiti, you heartless bastard, it still makes sense to get $1,481.31 worth of RPG stuff for a mere $20. The Serenity Role Playing Game [http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=2962&it=1] alone is worth $30 and it's just one of the many products in this package.

Head to DriveThruRPG [http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=78023&it=1] to learn more.

Arbitrary Cidin

Apr 16, 2009
It's about time someone took advantage of digital distribution like this. I'm glad to see it starting off in a benevolent direction.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
i get my good karma monthly with amnesty international, but for those who needs more encouragement than getting scary texts every other day about all the horrible things going on in the world, this is great.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
lordlee said:
>paying for .pdf files
Am I in some bizzaro universe?
Im not sure o.o

None the less, not a tabletop gamer so no idea how awesome this is but I imagine for some it will be

Sulu

Jul 7, 2009
I think they have enough help now. Like half the world's governments are giving aid so there really isn't need for every man and his dog to give some too. I am sure the residents of New Orleans are feeling quite angry that their country and the world didn't care about them in their disaster!

Nightfalke

Just this guy, you know?
Sep 10, 2008
lordlee said:
>paying for .pdf files
Searchable pdf files for your favorite rpg? No more flipping through a book looking for an obscure rule? Ctrl+F, bam?

I'd pay for that in a heartbeat. And I do.

Piracy is bad, mmmkay? Especially from a non-evil industry like the RPG industry.

Olikunmissile

Jul 16, 2008
Although I have never played a tabletop RPG in my life... I might as well buy it, never know when it could be useful!

RyQ_TMC

Apr 24, 2009
Heh, I wouldn't pay a nickel for most of the stuff on the list, but hey, every little helps.

Sulu said:
I think they have enough help now. Like half the world's governments are giving aid so there really isn't need for every man and his dog to give some too. I am sure the residents of New Orleans are feeling quite angry that their country and the world didn't care about them in their disaster!
I think the main difference here was that the US government had the means to handle the New Orleans situation without outside help (whether they did so is a different question), whereas Haiti has been a hellhole for a good while now, and there is just no way they can do without outside help... This is why this event is so widely publicized.

Well, that and also that it's the second largest natural disaster in recorded history.

Lowbreed

Jul 4, 2009
lordlee said:
>paying for .pdf files
Implying on Escapist, am I in some bizzaro universe?

Also that's rather remarkable, go nerds.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Don't play that much in the way of tabletop games, but I've always been interested and this way I can check stuff out that sounds like fun. I've played standard D&D and I've played a GURPS game, but now I can check out a bunch of stuff.