Just Cause 2 to Get YouTube Upload Feature on PS3

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Just Cause 2 to Get YouTube Upload Feature on PS3

The sandbox action sequel will let players record their antics and put them on the internet for all to see. As long as they have a PS3 that is.

What do you do when you're stuck on a tropical island, hunting down your former boss in a cruel military junta? That's right, you make YouTube videos! Square-Enix, who became the publisher for Just Cause 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Just-Cause-2-Playstation-3/dp/B0012NAPNQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1280257334&sr=1-1] when it bought Eidos, has announced that the PS3 version of the game will include a feature that will allow players to upload their stunts to YouTube.

Apparently two different features will be included, one that takes a video snapshot of the last 30 seconds of gameplay, which is for the random craziness that can happen in a game like Just Cause 2 , and another for more planned stunts, which allows up to ten minutes to be recorded.

Square-Enix has said that this feature will remain exclusive to the PS3 version of the game, which suggests that the feature requires a hard drive, something not present in every Xbox 360.

Fans of the Just Cause games are likely to relish the inclusion of playbacks as, more than most sandbox games, Just Cause gives players the tools to pull off some really outlandish stunts, and there's quite the difference between telling your buddies about the time you BASE jumped off a crane into the seat of a passing car, and being able to show them.

Source: GamePro [http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/213664/ps3-just-cause-2-to-have-youtube-clip-upload-feature]

SilverHammerMan

Jul 26, 2009
Okay this just solved my dilemma over which platform to get this game for. Even if I don't upload the videos I'll still just use them for my own amusement.
I'm really looking forward to this game, hopeful it doesn't turn out to be an abomination set in a barren, underpopulated wasteland as I keep thinking it will.
EDIT: Is it just me or is the main character sporting a mean pair of muttonchops?

Crudler

Jun 2, 2008
Sounds like a genuinely good and interesting idea, I know it's not exactly new, but it is on the whole a good thing to have.
A nice addition to what looks to me like a very enjoyable game.

breadlord

Apr 21, 2009
SilverHammerMan said:
EDIT: Is it just me or is the main character sporting a mean pair of muttonchops?
So isn't me after all. (Have a mean pair of English side burns.)

OT: Looks like a pretty radical game. Next question: Are we able to edit them or does it have to be raw footage on youtube?

Axle_Bullitt_19

May 29, 2009
Well Mushroom Wars has this feature already but I have a feeling these vids maybe a tad bit more entertaining.

BaldursBananaSoap

May 20, 2009
This game looks great. The story will probably suck again but who cares: It looks fun as hell.

I just watched the "Stunts mini documentary" vid and it looks like really crazy fun.

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
wait, square-enix bought Edios? when that happen? I liked them.

anyway, I need to go to store a buy a PS3 now, anyone got a couple hundred bucks I can barrow?

AnarchistAbe

The Original RageQuit Rebel
Sep 10, 2009
That sounds awesome! Too bad I'm on Dial-up, so I'll probably get this for the 360 or PC.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
STOP! MACHINIMA TIME! *plays can't touch this* ok *ahem* OMIGOSHSOFUGINGAWESOMEISGONNARULETHEROOST! *ahem* sounds like a good idea

Nincompoop

May 24, 2009
Haha, stupid xBox.

This seems like a neat feature, but I don't think it would weigh anything on whether to buy a game or not.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
RanD00M said:
Hehe.Awesome,might just finally have some use for my Youtube account.
lol, same. I can see some pretty intrestign vids comign from this

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
Might have something to do with firmware support for Youtube uploading on the PS3. Games needed to be doing this as soon as Sony included the support in the firmware.

JusticarPhaeton

Jul 29, 2009
Square Enix bought Eidos? Goodness gracious, america is being bought out by her former enemies! Whatever shall they do?

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
Oh boy just what the world needs more idiots on YouTube posting pointless crap thinking they're the most awesome person on the planet

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
JusticarPhaeton said:
Square Enix bought Eidos? Goodness gracious, america is being bought out by her former enemies! Whatever shall they do?
Coke says hi, from the 1980s.

In other news, this is an amazing technological advancement, provided that you have never ever used a computer and never heard of Machinima in your life. While interesting I find it hard to think it's automatically awesome.