Dr. Phil Yells At Woman For Her FarmVille Addiction

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Dr. Phil Yells At Woman For Her FarmVille Addiction

As part of his trends for 2010 show, Dr. Phil examined one woman's addiction to the Facebook application, FarmVille, calling it a "a ridiculous computer game."

Dr. Phillip McGraw is a popular American talk show host known for dealing with people's relationship or personality problems. He's also pompous as hell. In a recent show, he tackled a terrible affliction currently gripping the nation in its hay-covered grasp, the Facebook application FarmVille. Dr. Phil asked his guest, a mother named Teresa, the hard-hitting questions on her battle with growing crops and raising chickens.

"Are you worried about your crops as you sit here?" he said.

"Before I came here, I made sure that none of the crops were going to die," Teresa replied.

"There aren't really any crops," Dr. Phil informed her. "That's just a little image on a screen. They're not going to die."

Thanks for pointing that out, Doc. Now you're going to tell me that those people on the picture box telling me to kill my family aren't real either. Sheesh! And they call you doctor.

In all honesty, Teresa has resorted to some tricky business to get her daughter off the computer. "She unplugged the router, so you would think the Internet had gone down, and as soon as you went away, she plugged it back in and went back to tending her crops," Dr. Phil told the daughter, Jennifer.

I'm sorry, Doc, but nobody likes a tattle-tale. Are you going to tell Jennifer's mom that she smoked a cigarette that one time on a dare or that she went to second base with Ricky behind the bleachers on Friday night? I didn't think so.

Dr. Phil did say one thing I agree with:

You have a ridiculous addiction to a ridiculous computer game that's interfering with your ability to be a mother. Close your accounts. Get out of FarmVille. Reintroduce yourself to your family. Cook a meal. Go on a date. Go to a movie. Go jog. Go sit out in the backyard and watch the grass grow. Do something. Actually, maybe start a garden for real.

You'll notice that none of that advice includes watching Dr. Phil's show.

Source: Dr. Phil [http://www.drphil.com/slideshows/slideshow/5557/?id=5557&slide=0&showID=1391&preview=&versionID=]

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
+1 RESPECT POINTS
good job, farmville is bad, get the depraved freaks off it!
and DOESN'T advise one to watch his show, holy shit, x2 respect points combo!

FightThePower

The Voice of Treason
Dec 17, 2008
FarmVille is stupid, but he didn't have to be so bloody insensitive. You can get addicted to games just as easily as something not 'pathetic' like gambling.

Anyway, I thought he was supposed to help people? Yelling at someone and telling them to get a grip does fuck all.

slowpoke999

Sep 17, 2009
Dr Phil-Stupid woman on ya vidya games, you should be out having affairs with other women, like me.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Hmph. Always like that guy. You don't need to use fancy psychobabble to know what's right and what's wrong.

And Farmville is wrong.

PunchClockVillain

Oct 3, 2009
I thought the new one was "Fishville" or something. One of my friends left a party once, (yes a fucking party) to go home and feed his fish.

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
I've never played Farmville and neither do I intend to at any point...
But... I have watched a little of Dr. Phil's regular show a few times when I was really bored and there was nothing else on except another reality show... oh wait.
Anyway, I just find it strange that people are taking relationship/marriage advice from this guy, when his own marriage failed. Idiots.

Benjeezy

Dec 3, 2009
Dr Fail is not qualified to talk about anything. At all. Ever.

But yeah Farmville sucks.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Doesn't matter what game she was playing.
If it stops you being a functioning parent it should stop, whether it be a game or whatever.

Haven't played Farmville, so I can't comment on it. I can be annoyed at the amount of lost virtual cows my friends have let their fucking game message me about though.