Stephen Fry Returns To LittleBigPlanet

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Stephen Fry Returns To LittleBigPlanet

Stephen Fry, the British actor who lent his soothing pipes to the original LittleBigPlanet, is back to coo gamers into a dreamlike state once again in LittleBigPlanet for the PSP.

Stephen Fry's voice might be good for tossing off jokes and uber-British witticisms, but, as he proved with his voice-over work in LittleBigPlanet, it can be as soothing as it is whimsical. Just take a listen to the opening [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgXJni9NroM] of the game, and tell me you don't feel like you've been transported to an innocent land of cute sackdolls where dreams come true and the only limit to your powers is your imagination.

Since Fry's work in the original LBP was just that damn perfect, the man's returning to work his vocal magic once again in the PSP version of the game. The news was confirmed earlier today in a Twitter update [http://twitter.com/stephenfry/status/1574724210] by Fry himself, in which he related that he's "come to the end of a lush voice-athon and yes, am empowered to confess that it was for a new PSP version of Little Big Planet."

Wonder what he means when he says "lush," as that'd reveal just how much work he's doing with the game as well as saying something about the scope of the title itself. Nevertheless, with Fry in tow, it sounds like LittleBigPlanet PSP might be a pretty comprehensive incarnation of the LBP experience on the go.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
His voice actually sums up LittleBigPlanet very well. It fits the game nicely. Now if only all voice actors were chosen with such care.

oneplus999

Oct 4, 2007
If you really want a good dose of Stephen Fry's voice, he's great as the narrator of the Harry Potter audiobooks (UK version). Also check out the BBC show he hosts QI. It is by far the best edu-tainment show I've ever seen.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Only better voice is Bruce Campbell.

Didn't know it was coming to the PSP, now I gotta boot it up again.

nolongerhere

Winter is coming.
Nov 19, 2008
I imagine that if there is a God, he will have the voice of Stephen Fry. It's like a cloud giving you a hug... ah.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
that's awesome he's doing it again, he was the voice for the guide and then lbp, can't say there would be someone better for it

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Good old Stephen Fry, the one man in Britain who can get away with being intelligent on the UK-TV and not disliked by the mob.
Keane Ng said:
Wonder what he means when he says "lush," as that'd reveal just how much work he's doing with the game as well as saying something about the scope of the title itself.
Trust me, he often speaks like that ;)

theflyingpeanut said:
I imagine that if there is a God, he will have the voice of Stephen Fry. It's like a cloud giving you a hug... ah.
Very probably.

chomp.

Dec 19, 2008
They should have got Hugh Laurie to do it, that would have been nice, as a change, and as a throwback to the good old Fry and Laurie days. His voice wouldn't be as soothing, but the accent would still suit (his real one, not the American voice he does so well)