Game People Calling: The Girl with Paper in Her Hair

Game People

Jan 5, 2010
Game People Calling: The Girl with Paper in Her Hair

Game People Calling showcases some of Lottie Rose's haiku reviews.

Read Full Article

Darth Caelum

Jan 21, 2010
Creative to say the least.
Very nice Paper Folding and Poems.
Should try bigger games though (but i guess a haiku for something like Gears would be difficult)

_Janny_

Mar 6, 2008
So awesome that they used lucky stars for the Super Mario Galaxy review. I often mindlessly make those paper stars when waiting for loading screens. :D

Looking forward to other such reviews!

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Creative! If every "Game People Calling" is gonna be as good as this one then I'll definitely be a regular reader!

u02cdh

Jan 31, 2010
Very creative way to review a game! If nothing else it gives a (very) quick snapshot of what the game's about and gets me interested in finding out more.

feather240

Jul 16, 2009
It's clever, but it's the kind of thing that would be done like a one panel comic. Short, sweet, and constantly done. It would be a nice thing to see every day, but it would have to be done every single day to be noticeable.

Adamfast

Jan 29, 2010
Darth Caelum said:
Should try bigger games though (but i guess a haiku for something like Gears would be difficult)
I'd love to see Lottie tackle something like Gears. A massive paper Brumak might take a year to make but be frickin' awesome.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
Darth Caelum said:
The haiku would be the easy part

Marcus turns to Cole
Welling tears, full of longing
Asks him "Where's my wife??"

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
feather240 said:
It's clever, but it's the kind of thing that would be done like a one panel comic. Short, sweet, and constantly done. It would be a nice thing to see every day, but it would have to be done every single day to be noticeable.
This

It's a sweet idea, and certainly relatively unique, but I worry about how much of a point you can get across in the space of of 17 syllables, assuming you only do one poem per game. It would be a nice little extra inclusion to read each day, but I don't think it can be comparable to a traditional review of a game.

Incidentally, is it just me, or does "Ticky tacky game play" only have 6 syllables?

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
whaleswiththumbs said:
That is just awesome.
I have to admit, I do like the articles.

Plus, since British based, they have some nice local stuff too