Command & Conquer 4 Public Beta Coming "Soon"

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Command & Conquer 4 Public Beta Coming "Soon"

Get ready RTS fans: Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight [http://www.amazon.com/Command-Conquer-4-Tiberian-Twilight-Pc/dp/B002NIP6X8/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1280177964&sr=1-1] will soon be playable. There will be much rejoicing. Yay.

Community Manager for EA, Aaron "APOC" Kaufman, announced on his Twitter page that the beta would be playable by anyone very soon. The Command & Conquer website confirms that it will be run in conjunction with Gamespot, but there are no details provided yet as to how you can sign up. Tiberian Twilight will be the last C&C game to feature Kane, one of the longest running antagonists in videogame history, portrayed by Joseph Kucan, the Guinness world record-holder for the longest recurring actor in any videogame. C&C4 is scheduled for release on March 16, 2010 in N.A.

This is the full Tweet [http://twitter.com/EA_APOC/status/8201620499] from APOC, "C&C 4 beta will be going PUBLIC very soon, every RTS fan in the world can give CNC 4 MP a test-drive, RT please."

The fact that the word public is emphasized hopefully means that no pre-order or subscription will be necessary to play the beta.

Source: Twitter [http://twitter.com/EA_APOC/status/8201620499]

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
In the name of Kane!

I still say Tiberian Dusk was a better name than Tiberian Twilight.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
I haven't played a C&C game since Reda Alert 2, but i'm looking forward to this. Hopefully it will be soon, and not exclusive, or a small number as "public" betas are these days.

I'm also not sold on "Twilight". I much prefered the alternate title "Tiberium Late Evening/Very Early Morning"

Daymo

And how much is this Pub Club?
May 18, 2008
Khell_Sennet said:
Ten bucks says it's a pre-order access only.
Fifty bucks says it is a total system pig like Generals was in its day.
A hundred bucks on the game having the worst DRM EA has been known to use.
But I wouldn't bet so much as fifty-cents on it being a good game. At least in my opinion, C&C has been a corpse since EA bought-and-closed Westwood Studios.
It's not pre-order access only. A pre-order let you access the closed beta. Gamespot is supposed to be giving out the open beta keys if you want to laugh at it's horribleness.

Batfred

Nov 11, 2009
IMO C&C jumped the shark or activated the killer robo-bear or whatever in the last instalment. It all got just a little too complicated and the rock/paper/ scissors thing went a little too far with every unit have additional commands.

I'll check it out as it is free and for everyone, but as for rejoicing? The last game made me less rojoiceable on EA's RTS (is that a word?).

pffh

Oct 10, 2008
As long as it doesn't have the forced "ally" like red alert 3 I'll buy it.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
I would have preferred they finished that FPS Command and Conquer that they were planning on doing.
... Well I believe it was a C&C game.

microhive

Mar 27, 2009
If it's during the SC2 beta then things will grow ugly.

However, I'd still like to try it out. Might be some fun.

outcast_within

Apr 24, 2009
Quick reminder.
EALA has been releasing an rts/expansion like it's fifa since Tiberium Wars.
Each time the previous project was dropped like a brick and balancing/fixing the previous project forgotten.
Every game has been on a modified engine. The same one they used for lotr battle for middle earth.
Which would be okay if it was a good engine. But it isn't.
Since they couldn't balance Tiberium wars and make a decent proper RTS. They distract you with gimmicks. RA3 co-op play/rpg elements. C&C4 5on5
The open beta has started, the game is still buggy/imba. However the release date in march is already determined. So even if this open beta will have valuable information. If they can't work it into the game, it doesn't matter they will release it anyway

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Amnestic said:
In the name of Kane!

I think there vaguely hoping the most retarded of Twilight fans will simply assume the series are linked because of the name - if that works, C&C4 will sell like hot cakes on fire!

Anywho, I've heard they've mixed the gameplay up abit for the (probably) last game in the series. I will be interested to see what they've done.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Wewt! New C&C! I hope they keep all what was good from the 3rd RA installment

Triangulon

Nov 20, 2009
Doug said:
Amnestic said:
In the name of Kane!

I think there vaguely hoping the most retarded of Twilight fans will simply assume the series are linked because of the name - if that works, C&C4 will sell like hot cakes on fire!

Anywho, I've heard they've mixed the gameplay up abit for the (probably) last game in the series. I will be interested to see what they've done.
Will there be sparkles?