New Pokémon Title Planned For 2010

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
New Pokémon Title Planned For 2010

SoulSilver [http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-HeartGold-Version-Nintendo-DS/dp/B0038MVFYC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278968691&sr=1-1] aren't the only big pocket monster games scheduled for 2010 anymore.

Development on a brand new entry in the Pokémon videogame series is already underway and it's planned for release on the Nintendo DS this year in Japan. No, we're not talking about Platinum [http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Ranger-Nintendo-DS/dp/B000G75AXE/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1280177173&sr=1-1].

Gamefreak is back on development duties, as is the norm for the major Pokémon games. For the record, HeartGold and SoulSilver, scheduled to come out in March outside of Japan, are remakes of original Game Boy releases. A title for the new game hasn't been revealed yet, so for now we'll just call it Pokémon Plutonium.

Pokémon Plutonium was announced by Nintendo big boss Satoru Iwata at an investors meeting today, and confirmed by the Pokémon publishing company. No concrete details were given on the game's contents, but it was iterated that the goal for new Pokémon titles is always to add new Pokémon and new areas to explore. Iwata said that new play elements would make Pokémon Plutonium "an explosive hit that crosses the previous title," while the Pokémon publishing company said the game will bring "new forms of play" and "a revolutionary rebirth to all areas of the series."

In other words, the hype machine has begun and we don't really know anything else. Though Pokémon Plutonium is said to be planned for a Japanese release in 2010, no other regions were mentioned yet. Just calm down, it's Pokémon, it'll make it to your neck of the woods eventually.

Source: Andriasang [http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/01/29/new_ds_pokemon/]

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
But dammit, I've already caught 'em all! How much more can I possibly catch, Nintendo?!

Quad08

Oct 18, 2009
I wonder if they are going to choose more minerals for the title? Or maybe go back to colors? Combination? Or maybe something new?

The suspense is killing me!

Seriously though, I wonder what these ones are going to be called

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
Please be a pokemon game where you play as a pokemon...not a trainer.

I've always liked does kinda pokemon games like Pokemon Rumble. Or maybe it's a pokemon RPG.

Please be a pokemon RPG
Please be a pokemon RPG
Please be a pokemon RPG

Ok...I'm done

Voodoo_Person

Dec 11, 2009
I'd love a pokemon game where you dont have to have completed all the previous games in order to catch all the pokemon

Zepren

The Funnyman
Sep 2, 2009
Gah, i miss the old days of pokemon.tbh i'd buy it if it only had the original pokemon witha few of the worth while newer ones. but not too new, if you knw what i mean. i hope heartgold and soulsilver just have the ones from the original games, that would be awesome.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
"a revolutionary rebirth to all areas of the series."
*Changes jeans*

Eukaryote said:
Oh my god, rebirth of the old region? THIS IS IMPLYING YOU CAN GO TO ALL REGIONS! /nerdgasm
*goes to find another clean pair of jeans*

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
*Crosses fingers*

*Chants* 3D Battles, 3D Battles, 3D Battles, 3D Battles...

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Eukaryote said:
Nimbus said:
*Crosses fingers*

*Chants* 3D Battles, 3D Battles, 3D Battles, 3D Battles...
3d battles would take up a lot of memory on the cards, and it would be very polygon-y
Kingdom Hearts was in full 3D, and it had decent enough graphics, it was only 320MB, abet I dont know how much space a DS card has.

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
Fox KITSUNE said:
Please be a pokemon RPG
But it's already an RPG...do you mean MMO?

Eukaryote said:
Oh my god, rebirth of the old regions? THIS IS IMPLYING YOU CAN GO TO ALL REGIONS! /nerdgasm
HOW DID I MISS THIS WHEN READING THE ARTICLE?!?!? FUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

Let's just call this Pokemon: Awesome Version if we can go to every region. The other title can be Pokemon: Fuck Yeah! Version.