Reliable Source: Revenge, Sex on the Battlefield 2

Marion Cox

Sep 29, 2009
Reliable Source: Revenge, Sex on the Battlefield 2

Which would you choose: objective-based squad combat or your wife?

Read Full Article

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Jesus, what a quite sad story. Can't believe she went that mad over a video game.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
I always get jealous when people have a more interesting life than me.

...I tend to get jealous a lot.

Nickolai77

Apr 3, 2009
hURR dURR dERP said:
I always get jealous when people have a more interesting life than me.

...I tend to get jealous a lot.
People who have interesting lives usually have a significant love interest involved. When i had a significant love interest, that part of my life would be biographers dream, now i don't, and hell my life is pretty uninteresting right now. It goes something along the lines off

1)wake up,
2)procrastinate on the Escapist
3)do work
4)procranstinate on the Escapist, eat lunch
4)eat dinner
5)watch movie or go out with friends.

...and Insert random moment of depression infrequently between these points.

I thought the article was a great read, in my opinion Marion should not have driven off on his ex-wife, nor ignored her calls. On the other hand, the wife should have been more tolerant towards Marions gaming habits...so in a way, both are in the wrong, altough i think Marion wasted a damn good opitunity to salvige the relationship by driving away...but i think he knows it.

Epitome

Jul 17, 2009
BF2 was a bitchin game, as was UT :) Cant blame the guy, she didnt love him for him, she just wanted to mould him into something he wasnt. Better to leave her in a strip mall than soend the rest of his days as an immasculated castrated version of himself.

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
So this is the story of a man ready to give up his personality to satisfy the woman he loved? When it is eventually revealed that he didn't give up his entire personality, she goes into a fit of rage, he ditches her to play the computer game the argument started over and they barely seem to try and work it out? Then, many years later he eventually grows at least enough of a spine to stand her up when they are about to make the same mistake again and she's looking away.

I am not entirely sure what the point with this entire story was. I can't find any message or moral in this story and it seems to be more about dysfunctional relationships than about nerdiness or games. If someone found a moral with it, please tell me.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Okay, this may or may not be a humorous article, but I have to admit: with the exception of the part about the angry girlfriend/wife, I've pretty much been living my life like this for the past few years. It is amazing.

I think everyone should try this at least once. Think of it as a religious pilgrimage. Towards geekdom.

Marion Cox said:
Fuck me once, shame on you; fuck me twice, yeah, well, not this time.
This is now my new favorite quote.

rynocerator

Aug 10, 2009
Leaving her there was kinda messed up. Am I the only person who finds that to be a very inappropriate reaction?

lumenadducere

May 19, 2008
Leaving her may not have been the best thing to do, but oddly enough I think I understand. I hope you find (or already have found) someone better.

Evilbunny

Feb 23, 2008
This is hilarious. You had sex with her then left her in a parking lot. That is epic.

masterblaze0

Jan 3, 2009
rynocerator said:
Leaving her there was kinda messed up. Am I the only person who finds that to be a very inappropriate reaction?
Very.

If I could keep my sanity in a heartbreakingly insane moment, he could have too.

UnusualStranger

Keep a hat handy
Jan 23, 2010
That was....interesting.

It points out a flaw I too often see in people, especially women (not meaning to be sexist)

They think people can change, if they try hard enough.

But the truth is, people don't really change unless "they" want to. There isn't a way to force it. The story was a sad one, with not really a good way to see it end. I was actually kind of happy with how it ended. While it wasn't the most "adult" thing to do, it was something that needed to be done. Because once again, people don't change unless they want to. Chances are she had not changed at all, and he did not change either.

Wow, the more I read myself, the more I sound like a cold hearted bastard.

I guess I'll end with my choice. The Objective based squad combat. It is what I like to do, and nobody should issue me an ultimatum to have to change from doing what I like. No one but me.

Kolossov

Dec 20, 2009
I'd really like confirmation from the author on whether this story is really true! I don't think he has claimed anywhere so far that this is actually the сase...

Also, I like how real life stories are often the most interesting stories, but often don't seem to have any kind of obvious moral or lesson at the end :D

_Nocturnal

Nov 4, 2006
That was obviously a trap. She will get pregnant now.
Dear Mr. Cox, you've just sexed your way into slavery.