Review: BioShock 2

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Review: BioShock 2

BioShock 2 is a hearty second helping that fans of the original game will absolutely love.

Read Full Article

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
TheNamlessGuy said:
Well done.

I was afraid to watch it in case of spoilers, but then I remember you don't do that.
Heavily

Some minor things I already knew, though.
Like walking in the ocean

Still.
Well done
Same.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Out of interest, what's the multiplayer like? I love the idea of creating my own splicer and then fighting for dominance in a setting as awesome as Rapture...

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Again, the familiarity is what kills it a bit. But hey, I could do a lot worse. I have still a lot of games to play, but I will check this and put aside getting Bayonetta. I always crave me more daddies to send to the scrap pile. I wanna ask a question. The only gripe with the original was the last boss. Is that fixed? Cause if it is, I might as well pick it up next week.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I'm renting it then. It'll sell well enough no matter what I do, so I don't care about supporting them financially.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Chipperz said:
Out of interest, what's the multiplayer like? I love the idea of creating my own splicer and then fighting for dominance in a setting as awesome as Rapture...
We'll be publishing a multi-player review shortly, once Jordan has had some time with the game.

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
Good review, but is the voice acting really that much worse? That clip of Augustus Sinclair didn't seem all that bad to me, he may not be as eloquent as Andrew Ryan, but it didn't seem all that bad.

Also, what's your opinion on the multiplayer? I'd very much like to know if it's worth the effort of trying to connect my crappy router to PSN.

Nevermind. :p

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
I loved the first game, by the sounds of it the sequel is as good as the first but not superior. Which is fine by me, this is my first intended game purchase of the year, and I know I won't regret it.

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
Is it just me, or did Russ use the words "original game" a bit too much?
But hey, if it's just more Bioshock, God knows it can't be bad.

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
can't wait, can't wait, can't wait.

Honestly, you could've said that this game was an affront to humanity and gamerdom, and I still would've had to see for myself, since I loved the first one so much.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Russ Pitts said:
Chipperz said:
We'll be publishing a multi-player review shortly, once Jordan has had some time with the game.
Ooooh well, that fills me with hope :)

Of course, that's only going off the fact that the previous multiplayers you guys have reviewed seperately have all been big enough to be their own games, but still, hope is there :)

sean.A7x

Dec 16, 2009
Can't wait to play this :p looks amazing

i don't care if its the same as the original, the original was one of my all time fav game so that aint a bad thing :p

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Looking forwrd to getting this tommorow. It looks as fun as the first one for sure ^^ I am glad in a way they didnt alter too much

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
So the eerie big daddy-little sister relationship has been boiled down to a combination of catch them all & timed area defence minigames? The narrative's explanation better be good, otherwise I fear the whole thing sounds like a fan-service circlejerk.

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
Does it still carry that feeling of 'afraid to step around the next corner."? I remember that I was edging around every single one of them, afraid what would slaughter me next.

(Also, does the insanity still live in the new Rapture? Insane people not restricted by petty laws and such?)

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Sounds like a winner. I just might pick this up in the same trip I make to finally acquire Mass Effect 2.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Since when was there a star rating system? Did I miss something?

OT: I haven't played the first one, but I have too many games to get through first. Maybe I should break a leg to get some time to finish Dragon Age.

oranger

May 27, 2008
honestly, this doesn't sound so great...in fact, this sounds like a prettied up vanilla shooter.
and bioshock one was a wee bit shallow to begin with, gameplay-wise.