EA Gives Away Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
EA Gives Away Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun

To help fans pass the time while they wait for Commander & Conquer 4 [http://www.amazon.com/Command-Conquer-4-Tiberian-Twilight-Pc/dp/B002NIP6X8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1279313735&sr=1-1], Electronic Arts is giving away Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun and the Firestorm expansion absolutely free.

Tiberian Sun is actually the third C&C game EA has put online as a free download, following the original Command & Conquer, also known as Tiberian Dawn, and the alternate universe Command & Conquer: Red Alert. The free version of Tiberian Sun comes one month in advance of the release of Command & Conquer 4, "the epic conclusion to the Tiberium saga."

Of course, it's not much fun if it doesn't run, so EA has provided detailed instructions on how to install and play the game on modern computers. Online play is supported through the Geek.com [http://strike-team.net/forums/index.php?act=home/] have confirmed that the game runs fine under Windows 7, so while it's a hefty download at 1.2 gigabytes, it's well worth the effort for any RTS fan.

Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun, along with all the other Command & Conquer freebies, is available at commandandconquer.com/classic [http://www.commandandconquer.com/classic]. Command & Conquer 4 : Tiberian Twilight comes out on March 16, exclusively for the PC.

Gladion

Jan 19, 2009
Heh, someone is working on their reputation.

Well, fine move, but fuck you EA, I paid for the game back then, I don't want unworthy peasants to have the same joy I had.

Jory

Dec 16, 2009
This is so awesome. Might just give it a go. Never played Tiberian Sun actually.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
"exclusively for the PC." is it really necessary to say that?

but EA really is acting surprisingly nice.

i know a few members who will rejoice for quite some time.

Buccura

Aug 13, 2009
The first two C&C games are great but I found Tiberian Sun to be an utter snooze fest. But that's just me.

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
Excellent. I would certainly be downloading it, if I wasn't a C&C fanatic and didn't already have about three copies of the game. Anyone who hasn't played it though, I would heartily recommend it. The graphics may be ancient but it's still a brilliant game.

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
Awesome, awesome, awesome, downloading right now hoping that the multiplayer will work.

TimbukTurnip

Jan 3, 2009
I actually have this game sitting in front of me, but i have no memory of ever completing it. Maybe i'll install it and give it a try one day.

Kikosemmek

Nov 14, 2007
Fantastic game. Worth playing again just to hear James Earl Jones go "Goddamnit, Mac!"

dekkarax

Apr 3, 2008
TimbukTurnip said:
I actually have this game sitting in front of me, but i have no memory of ever completing it. Maybe i'll install it and give it a try one day.
As far as I'm aware, it does.

j0z

Apr 23, 2009
Very nice. I am downloading it now
I just wish they had a torrent option, because this download is going to take FOREVER

Low Key

May 7, 2009
I haven't played C&C since the first one came out over a decade ago, but since it's free I might give the game a go.

Aurora219

Aug 31, 2008
Tiberian Sun stole so many of my childhood hours. Ah, I won't be downloading this, but it really made me smile.

Download the game. Play it much.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
EA...Giving something away? I'm starting to think that Steam Holiday Sale had a larger impact than I figured...

Bioware has been doing great with Dragon Age and Mass Effect giving free DLC to people who bought it new as well...then again they're published by EA so hmm..