Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 6

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 6

The dead of Archet are buried in graves as shallow as their occupants.

Read Full Article

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
funny but a bit to, graphical, i know your a busy man but i still would like some more text instead of all these screen shots, but still a great read and another amusing song.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Du Jour Jaricho said:
Poor Mudbrick, at least now he's finally in a place where he belongs. In the dirt.
Oh, yes! lol.

Cant wait for PArt 7 =D

Also, the beginning made me "lol"

Boraxe

Feb 24, 2010
"LEADER: Does he have anything with snot on it?"

I am still grinning.....

Gonna get fired if I keep this up.

IHateDaManSkirt

Nov 21, 2009
The elf quests weren't even that funny. Though you were asked to cut down a plant and get some lumber while in a forest.

potemkin.hr

Dec 8, 2009
Those bandits must have been stupid, they burned the only tavern in town :D

As for the hankerchief, maybe there's a bigger story behind it (imagine stunbling upon sauron's hankerchief, god knows which monstrous power it could hold...) :p

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
You should sing along to these so I know how to read it out loud :D

Seriously, I find myself reading through these mainly for the end songs :D

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
Alot of the early quests in this game were ridiculous. I ignored the body burying one if I remembered correctly.

w00tage

Feb 8, 2010
^^ ditto. Mockumentaries are my favorite form of journalism. I have this bookmarked along with RPS's A Fool in Morrowind and Chocolate Hammer's Clod of Cthulhu and The Saga of Cahmel.

Keep up the great snark - I mean work! :D

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Being a devoted fan of the books, I just don't think I can get into the game, with the inevitable differences that are already obviously in there; but following this series is entertaining at least. I am loving the scenery though. Makes World of Warcraft look very dated for once.
All that action in Archet though is giving me horrible flashbacks of going through Tortage in Age of Conan. Twenty levels of being a prisoner in one town is not fun. Hopefully you didn't have to go through that much time in Archet, Shamus.

Mandella

Feb 24, 2010
Oh God the burying the dead quest. Great idea, not so great execution.

I'm surprised you didn't call attention to the fact that, after going to the trouble of heaping a couple of inches of dirt over the unfortunate fallen (including one right in front of the hunting lodge), if you happen to run back past them a couple of minutes later you can see that they are freshly unburied again, laying back on top of the ground.

The work of evil wolves, obviously.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
I almost choked when I read how the guy feared wild animals dishonouring the corpses of their men. Shows where my mind's at.