Super Meat Boy Coming to XBLA This Year

Jordan Deam

Jan 11, 2008
Super Meat Boy Coming to XBLA This Year

Lovers of blood-drenched indie platformers, rejoice! Super Meat Boy will be coming to Xbox Live Arcade in 2010.

Creator Edmund McMillen seemingly announced the news in a brief email to MTV Multiplayer with an attached image containing the words "SMB," "XBLA" and "2010." The message seems pretty clear: Either Nintendo is taking Mario and Luigi cross-platform, or Super Meat Boy will be hitting Xbox Live Arcade later this year.

Super Meat Boy is based on a Independent Games Festival, including Excellence in Audio and the Seumas McNally Grand Prize.

In addition to Xbox Live Arcade, Super Meat Boy is scheduled for a concurrent release on WiiWare, Steam and Direct2Drive. Hopefully that comes sooner in 2010 rather than later, but in the meantime, you can enjoy this gameplay trailer:

Source: MTV Multiplayer

IckleMissMayhem

Oct 18, 2009
Heads up: The link from the news page doesn't seem to be working. Muchos Error 404-ing.

I'm liking the sheer volume of sawblades in the video though...

Beastialman

Sep 9, 2009
Awesome, I've played the original and loved it, this is something I'm looking forward to buying.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Never heard of it before bit with a name like that...heh.

I'll look out for it!

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
I've never heard of this.

His name is super meat boy? That sounds.......wrong.

MrPop

May 14, 2009
Wow. I remember playing this on newgrounds a while ago and I remember liking it back then. It's great that they've broken through into the games market so well since then.

As said in a previous comment, the sheer amount of saw-blades looked pretty awesome.

Going to be my next addicting XBLA game after 'Splosion Man I think. It'd also be great if they had co-op like they did in that but I highly doubt it though

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
I remember finding this on Newgrounds and wondering "this is fucked up yet i'm addicted and having fun" this will be interesting

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
I can't be the only person who thinks the name sounds dirty

OT: I will see how reviews are before I buy it

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
Ahhh, i remember playing this one Newgrounds (Or was it Armor games?) anyway, it's cool that now people will get to play with there meat on different consoles.

Also, can i just ask, why does it say at the end of the article it's unknown wether it will be comeing to Steam or WiiWare, when clearly the trailer says WiiWare. Did i just read it wrong?

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
I want this more than anyone can possibly imagine. Well, not quite that much, but I do want it.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
SMB? As in Super Mario Brothers, right? Oh, Super Meat Boy. I see. Huh. Looks pretty good. It looks like it would be hard to control, though. Shame it's not on the PSN as well, but I do have a 360.