Question of the Day, March 3, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, March 3, 2010

It seems like people will do just about anything for a little bit of fame. Do you want to be on TV?

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
Yes, but I want to know I'm going on TV. None of that hidden camera bull.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Of course I want to be on TV.

That way, I can hypnotize you all and conquer the world!

Fools, when you where still learning how to spell your names, I.. was being trained... to conquer galaxies!

Gladion

Jan 19, 2009
I take this question less as "Do you want to be aired on TV" and more as "Do you want to be famous" In that latter case, yes, absolutely. Respectively I want my art work to be famous I could hardly care less if I tried about myself being famous (it'd probably be better not to be anyways).

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Depends..

I wouldn't be averse to being on television, but there aren't many situations I would actually pursue. The only one I can think of off the top of my head would be being on The Amazing Race as I've loved that show since it's first season.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
Eh. I wouldn't give up the chance, but it's not something which is important to me.

IckleMissMayhem

Oct 18, 2009
Where's the option for those who've been on TV? Huh? Huh? ;O)

Been on t'box twice. Once I wanted to do it, once I didn't have any choice in the matter, really. So I answered 'depends on the situation'

[sub]and before any wiseass suggests it, no I wasn't featured on Crimewatch/similar. They've not causght me yet for any of my misdeeds(!) muahahahahahaha!!![/sub]

sniperworm

Apr 16, 2009
No no no no no nonononono no!

I can't be in a room with more than 10 people yet alone knowing up to millions of people could see me.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
I've thought for quite a while now that the only reason I'd want to be famous is to do those fun charity things they do. Like football matches against living legends of the sport. And climbing mountains with famous comedians and pop stars, I'd like to do that.
Otherwise, I really don't think it's for me.

GreyWolf257

Oct 1, 2009
It depends. I don't want to be shown running from the police in Cops, or anything like that.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
IckleMissMayhem said:

Been on t'box twice. Once I wanted to do it, once I didn't have any choice in the matter, really. So I answered 'depends on the situation'

[sub]and before any wiseass suggests it, no I wasn't featured on Crimewatch/similar. They've not causght me yet for any of my misdeeds(!) muahahahahahaha!!![/sub]
Well this definitely requires some elaboration. Please....?

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
I've been on TV twice, once on local TV and once on national (though the one on national I was only visible in the background). I don't mind it, but I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to get on TV.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
As long as its not bad, or on a reality show. I would love to do some sort of Bill Nye the Science Guy type show.

IckleMissMayhem

Oct 18, 2009
Eagle Est1986 said:
IckleMissMayhem said:

Well this definitely requires some elaboration. Please....?
The time I was happy about it was when I was about 10/11, and was taking part in the BBC Proms in The Royal Albert Hall. For some reason, we (the choir I was in) were also on Blue Peter. Still got m'badge n'everything.

The time I wasn't happy about it, I was filmed unbeknownst to me by a crew from ITV, after witnessing this: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/68/68263_bosses_guilty_over_theme_park_horror.html. I was covered in blood, after my dad, a couple fo his friends and I were helping people on the ride in the aftermath (no point helping the guy - that much was pretty obvious!), and I guess I looked... interesting. My parents had a shitfit at the news agency, got a written apology, as well as gift certificates for me for various clothes shops as a goodwill gesture/apology.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
It would depend. If it was factual based, then sure. If its Drama/Real life based ill take a pass

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
I'd rather not. I prefer going about my life inconspicuously (this coming from the guy who dressed and talked like a greaser for a week)

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
Well I've been in the local Newspaper for my art, it seems like natural progression to end up on TV for something related to that.