185: Vroom with a View

Graeme Virtue

May 23, 2008
Vroom with a View

Most games stop evolving the moment they hit store shelves. But Burnout Paradise isn't one of them. Graeme Virtue speaks with Criterion Senior Producer Pete Lake about Burnout's "Year of Paradise."

Read Full Article

Clemenstation

Dec 9, 2008
Please, for the love of God, I need a new feature included to the map that will show me where the last 2 smashes and 1 billboard and 1 jump I need are. The worst part is that the Cagney update adds some Atomica dialogue where he says something along the lines of:

"Having trouble finding that last smash?"

Me: YESSSSSsss, finally you're good for something!

"... well you'll just have to keep looking! Good luck!"

Me: GARRR!!!

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
Clemenstation said:
Please, for the love of God, I need a new feature included to the map that will show me where the last 2 smashes and 1 billboard and 1 jump I need are. The worst part is that the Cagney update adds some Atomica dialogue where he says something along the lines of:

"Having trouble finding that last smash?"

Me: YESSSSSsss, finally you're good for something!

"... well you'll just have to keep looking! Good luck!"

Me: GARRR!!!
I had trouble with the last smash. Leaving the quarry straight to the dam. Drove around for ages.

Now I'm 101%. Still got like a hundred on line challenges to do. It's so hard to coordinate people.

I'm happy to pay for the extra content because I'm hooked on this game but, as the new total box(?) edition is still less than I paid for the original game, should I really have pay.

I'm also excited about the party pack now I know what it is.

Good Times.

MiloP

Jan 23, 2009
Now, ya see, I think Burnout is a fantastic game, but past its prime. Its a born and bred Arcade Racer, something which isn't really deserving of a Free Roam. Methinks Burnout 3, and Revenge are the pick of the bunch.

But, Paradise is still pretty good. The camera annoys me a bit though.

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
This seems like a good idea in theory. I loved Burnout Revenge, but Paradise didn't hold my interest for long.

I think staying with a game over the space of a year seems a good way to maximise it's potential both for gamer and developer. I do wonder how often these extra packs will be released in reality, and what they have come up with as the last expansions.

Heroes and Cons

Mar 23, 2011
Burnout Paradise is literally my favourite racer of all time - it's just so huge and packed full of action and collectibles! Plus the online is almost flawless =D