The Week in Review

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
The Week in Review

This week on the Week In Review, Team Ninja defends itself, Sony talks about the lack of loading in God of War III, Satanic games get bashed, secret messages are revealed and two of the biggest names in gaming square off... kinda.

DOA: Paradise Not Degrading, Apparently

Shock! Horror! Bobby Kotick thinks the games his company makes are good! To most people that's not going to come as much of a surprise, but to disgraced attorney and anti-gaming activist Jack Thompson, Kotick's recent comments about getting lost in MewTwo for hours are evidence of exactly how dangerous games are. "This admission flies in the face of videogame industry spokespersons' false, sometimes perjured assertions, that video games do not affect the behavior of minors," he wrote in a letter to California Senator Leland Yee. "Here is a full-grown adult (at least in chronological terms) admitting just the opposite." You keep banging that drum Jack, I'm sure someone will listen eventually. (link [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/98488-Jack-Thompson-Calls-Kotick-Out-on-Modern-Warfare-Comment])

Dragon_of_red

Dec 30, 2008
1- Yeah, cause DOA so totally isnt degrading, and that was completely unintetional.
2- Good luck with that, i think there would have to be some loading times.
3- Is there even a game were you have to be a demon and kill God? not a God, the God.
4- Awesome
5- Fight Fight Fight.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
The Rapture poster thing was something pretty cool.

I got a chance to see one in person, and, I have to say, 2K you sneaky, sneaky people!

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
"This admission flies in the face of videogame industry spokespersons' false, sometimes perjured assertions, that video games do not affect the behavior of minors,"
I didn't realise Boby Kotick was 6 years old, thanks for that epiphany Jack!

Now would you kindly be quiet.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
1 - ...
2 - That's pretty, um, big.
3 - They're more anti-religion, not pro-satan
4 - Cool. But impractical as fuck. What if no one ever shined a blacklight on it?

5 - Kotick VS Thompson

Icecoldcynic

Oct 5, 2009
Jaredin said:
The Rapture poster thing was something pretty cool.

I got a chance to see one in person, and, I have to say, 2K you sneaky, sneaky people!
I agree it's pretty cool... But how did it get discovered in the first place? I always wonder.

SecondmateFlint

Nov 24, 2009
I know I personally go straddle every tree I can find...in a bikini!

No, no sorry I don't and I don't know any women who do. I'm certainly no feminist but if you're going to do something like that, don't lie about the reasoning. Most women actually don't care that much.