Sony's Kevin Butler Calls Baseball MVP Talentless

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Sony's Kevin Butler Calls Baseball MVP Talentless

Sony's hilarious ad guru Kevin Butler is at it again, this time in a commercial for MLB 10: The Show. American League MVP? Who's that?

My love for Sony ad spokesman Kevin Butler has been well documented by this point, so I don't think there's much point in me saying how awesome I think these commercials are - to the point where I'm actually writing news posts about commercials - but I'll do it anyway: I think these commercials are awesome, and the Kevin Butler character is brilliant.

This time around, Butler - as VP of Sony's Softball Team - is promoting Sony San Diego's MLB '10: The Show. The game's cover promptly features Minnesota Twins catcher Joe Mauer [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Mauer], the American League MVP, who is widely considered to be the best catcher in the game - and one of Major League Baseball's top sluggers - since his debut in 2006. The only problem is that Butler doesn't seem to know who Mauer is.

...or does he?

Please keep making these ads, Sony. I will be tremendously sad when you stop.

(The Examiner [http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-6894-Video-Game-News-Examiner~y2010m2d26-First-MLB-10-The-Show-commercial]. Thanks, Miracle Max!)

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Kevin Butler, I love you.

That's it, I'm making a user group fanclub for this guy! He is too good not to be loved!

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
This is the best SONY propaganda I've ever seen. Seriously, this guy is quickly becoming the "Justin Long" for the PS3.

[small]It won't be long now until Sam Raimi puts him in a movie...[/small]

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
I love these commercials. A part of me will die when they stop making them.

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
I'm not a Sony fan, but I've loved everything that Kevin Butler has done. He's the best at spouting off irreverent facts and false history.

Captain Blackout

Feb 17, 2009
Grayjack said:
I love these commercials. A part of me will doe when they stop making them.
You will turn into a female deer? Wow, you do love these commercials! I don't blame you though, the guy's great...

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
Captain Blackout said:
Grayjack said:
You will turn into a female deer? Wow, you do love these commercials! I don't blame you though, the guy's great...
Damn my misspelling. >.>

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
Captain Blackout said:
Grayjack said:
Ahaha, spelling errors beware!

I love all of these commercials, form the one where he says 'two words, mon-tage' to the one where he holds the puppy that licks the guys wife's face, they are all hilarious.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Kevin Butler.

He single-handedly ensured that I will get a PS3 when I get another job.

Two words: Mont. Age.

Rathy

Aug 21, 2008
Another awesome commercial. Butler has to be the best thing to happen to PS3, much less any commercial really.

Fox242

El Zorro Cauto
Nov 9, 2009
I love the Kevin Butler commercials. He is a massive improvement from those disturbing white room ads that Sony rolled out when the PS3 was launched. This is, indeed, another great sign that Sony has finally gotten their shit together. Regarding this commercial, is this going to be a yearly sort of thing because they made a Kevin Butler commercial for 09: The Show last year with Dustin Pedroia.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
He has a charisma and off-the-cuff attitude that suits him well to these roles.

I'd love to keep seeing more.

Aunel

May 9, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Kevin Butler.

He single-handedly ensured that I will get a PS3 when I get another job.

Two words: Mont. Age.

ugly arse BC rich...
and why the hell was he playing guitar, if he was playing bass, I might have bought a PS3.

MellowFellow

Feb 14, 2010
I do not own a PS3 but I have always liked these commercials. This last one is probably my favorite.