Atlus.com Hacked

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Atlus.com Hacked

Atlus's official website came under attack yesterday, prompting concerns that visitors may have come into contact with malware.

Atlus, the company responsible for surgery simulator Trauma Center and the critically acclaimed Persona 4 have come under attack by hackers. According to Atlus, their official site was attacked by a 'third-party entity' and a trojan virus was embedded on the system.

The site is still down and Atlus are concerned that users might have come into contact with the virus if they visited the site between 9am to 2.30pm PST yesterday.

Atlus are imploring users to run malware removal software if they believe themselves to be affected by the virus, which sounds like good advice if you think you've been affected or not. Atlus apologized to fans, saying "the faith and trust of our fans is of the utmost importance to us, a responsibility we don't take lightly."

Source: Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/25/atlus-com-hacked-trojan-may-have-spread-to-visitors-computers/]

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Well, thanks god they can still make games and it was just their website that was vandalized by hackers. That's terrible news, though. Who would want to hack them, anyway?

VoltySquirrel

Feb 5, 2009
TsunamiWombat said:
Someone who hates JRPG's I guess.

...Where was Yahtzee last night?
I read his blog, it said something about, "fixing a wrong that he should of taken care of a long time ago..." What the hell does that mean?

Lios

Oct 17, 2008
ITHA CONTHPIWATHY!

...but really, who'd want to take down Atlus of all places? I mean they're hardly that popular. It was probably just some hacker testing to see whether gaming corporations could be hacked.

Ghost

Spoony old Bard
Feb 13, 2009
what game is that in the picture? and i thought it would have been impossible to imbed a virus into a website...

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
SICK0_ZER0 said:
what game is that in the picture? and i thought it would have been impossible to imbed a virus into a website...
That'd be Persona 3, if I'm not mistaken.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Who would hack the site indeed?

RAM's list of suspect:

-Atlus hater
-Pissed Ogre Battle fan. (Finding a cheap copy of those games is hard).
-Hacker searching for fame.

heliosa

Jul 24, 2008
Random argument man said:

RAM's list of suspect:

-Atlus hater
That was a good game. Luckily I have a copy (And a game boy)

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
heliosa said:
Random argument man said:

RAM's list of suspect:

-Atlus hater
That was a good game. Luckily I have a copy (And a game boy)
Finding a copy of Tactic Ogre: Let us cling together on the playstation is A. Very fucking hard B. Minimum cost is 80$ C. Big chance the game is damaged.

My brother was an idiot and gave my copy of Ogre battle 64 away. I later found out that I could have sold it for 200$...

G1eet

Mar 25, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Well, thanks god they can still make games and it was just their website that was vandalized by hackers. That's terrible news, though. Who would want to hack them, anyway?
Aggravated Chinese nationals. No joke.

http://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2009-04/hackers-china-syndrome

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
VoltySquirrel said:
TsunamiWombat said:

I read his blog, it said something about, "fixing a wrong that he should of taken care of a long time ago..." What the hell does that mean?
But a high-profile guy with Yahtzee wouldn't stoop to levels like this, right?

Right?

RIGHT?!?!?

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
NoMoreSanity said:
The_Oracle said:
VoltySquirrel said:
TsunamiWombat said:

But a high-profile guy with Yahtzee wouldn't stoop to levels like this, right?

Right?

RIGHT?!?!?
Don't tell the truth, nothing happened between Yahtzee and that website!
Quick! Everyone, exit the thread! DENIABLITY!