New Mass Effect 2 Weapon Hits the Cerberus Network

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
New Mass Effect 2 Weapon Hits the Cerberus Network

BioWare has come up with another free goodie for Mass Effect 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-2-Xbox-360/dp/B001TORSII/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278968926&sr=1-1] fans: The Arc Projector, a new heavy weapon that can lay waste to an entire enemy squad with just a few pulls of the trigger.

You have to give credit to Firewalker [http://www.bioware.com] pack. To that already impressive collection, BioWare has now added the Arc Projector, a new gun it unveiled today.

BioWare's Mass Effect Arsenal [http://masseffect.bioware.com/universe/arsenal/weapons/] says, "The Arc Projector ionizes targets with a non-visible laser to ready them for a high-voltage electrical attack. As the lightning-like bolt hits its first target, a sophisticated auto-targeting system paints succeeding targets with the ionization laser, allowing the electricity to take the path of least resistance and arc between them. An entire enemy strike team can be shocked to death with a few pulls of the trigger." That's a lot of gun.

The Arc Projector is available now, free to Cerberus Network members; if you don't happen to be in that club (which is to say, if you bought the game used) you can sign up for it directly from EA for $15.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Good to see Bioware are still pumping out this stuff for free. I'm guessing the Hammerhead won't be but this stuff is still cool.

Dec 14, 2009
SomeBritishDude said:
Good to see Bioware are still pumping out this stuff for free. I'm guessing the Hammerhead won't be but this stuff is still cool.
That's free too. All DLC is free with the cerberus network.

Rhayn

Free of All Weakness
Jul 8, 2008
Got a chance to try it out earlier. It's not anything groundbreaking, but it could help against fights with larger concentrations of enemies on higher difficulties. Specifically I reckon it'd be most useful on the Heretic Station on Insanity. Haven't tried it on anything larger than Geth troopers and hunters yet mind you so I can't comment on the effectiveness against larger things.

Looks pretty badass though.

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
Its shiny,I must get it.

Im getting lots of free crap for my money though.

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
Ooooog a gun that shoots lightning, how original!

Okay, in all fairness this thing does look cool...

and useful....

MUAHAHAHHAAA!

CrafterMan

Aug 3, 2008
Do, want!

Hahaha, I want to play the game as a renegade madman bent on racism,destruction and sadistic sex.

You know... just because I can.

-JB

Soren91

Jul 27, 2009
I just downloaded it today. It's pretty sweet, it'll take out a group of enemies that are too close to each other. Might make some of those horde missions easier on my new playthrough.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
*crosses fingers*

Ubisoft, please pay attention. REWARD your paying customers, don't f*ck them up the arse.

When they hovercraft pack comes out, I'll DL everything then. I'll have missions to do then, as I don't want to see the flip-side of the choices I've made. I've made them, and I'll stick by them until ME3; meaning no more play-throughs.

Nevyrmoore

Aug 13, 2009
And just when my console dies on me...great.

But, is it actually useful? I've yet to use the flamethrower properly, instead using either the missile launcher or the grenade launcher.

CuddlyCombine

Sep 12, 2007
Hm. The physics explanation sounds suspiciously similar to the one used for Unreal Tournament's lightning rifle.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
SomeBritishDude said:
That's free too. All DLC is free with the cerberus network.
Slight correction: all Cerberus Network DLC is free with the Cerberus Network - Bioware has gone on the record to state that there will be other non-network DLC that costs money at some later point. Hopefully they're talking about something like the upcoming Dragon Age expansion, because that would be awesome.

But since the only Mass Effect 2 DLC currently announced or available is part of the Cerberus Network, then yes, all of it is free if you already have that.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
They sure do like to give us stuff! And who are we to reject! I am glad they are supporting ME2 as much as they are! It gives it a good life of play!

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
I'm glad to see them putting out DLC support for ME2. Keeps things fresh, and shows they care about their clientele.