Bust Ghosts in Sims 3 Expansion

Lauren Admire

Rawrchiteuthis
Aug 8, 2008
Bust Ghosts in Sims 3 Expansion

Bust ghosts, douse the flames of a burning domicile, or crack crimes - Sims 3:Ambitions [http://www.amazon.com/Sims-3-Ambitions-Mac/dp/B003AMOK9M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278971415&sr=1-1] finally gives you control over your Sims at work!

In Ambitions, it's up to you to guide your Sims towards success or failure in their new careers. Grant Ridiek, Associate Producer on The Sims 3 development team, gives an example of just a few of the tasks that you'll need to juggle as a firefighter: "[They] need to develop relationships and maintain their equipment while at the firehouse. But as soon as that alarm rings they need to get to the fire, clear rubble piles, carry out children, stop gas leaks, put out the flames, and be the hero. Your town may fall victim to small fires, huge infernos, and even earthquakes."

[gametrailers=62713]

Along with firefighter, Ambitions introduces plenty other awesome careers: Your Sim can now work up the ranks to become an investigator, architect, ghost hunter, stylist, doctor, sculptor, inventor or a tattoo artist.

Creative types will be able to enjoy another feature: tattoo creation. Playing as a tattoo artist, your Sim will be able to ink fantastic or gruesome tats of their own creation. "The Tattoo System is an incredibly powerful new creative tool for our players," explains Ridiek, in a Q&A session [http://www.electronictheatre.co.uk/index.php/pc/pc-news/4281-the-sims-3-ambitions-qaa-session]. "Players can apply multiple tattoos in up to five layers, scale them, change the colors, and even modify opacity. Players can also upload and share these tattoos on the exchange, giving our community yet another creative outlet."

The trailer shows off a few of the wacky situations from other careers, including a ghost hunter scene which looks surprisingly reminiscent of a Ghostbusters film.

Source: Joystiq [http://news.bigdownload.com/2010/03/05/the-sims-3-expansion-trailer-pursues-its-ambitions/]

jasoncyrus

Sep 11, 2008
<3 new sims expansion. I hope the inventors get to do more than just simple steps to make some things. Would prefer to have to make obejects that are required for other objects that are required for the main parts. Or even deeper.

mmumford121

Nov 18, 2009
Ok i know the song playing in the background of that vid was Saviour by Rise Against.......but what the hell language was it in ?????

feather240

Jul 16, 2009
Meh, this sounded kind of fun until it occurred to me that you would have to worry about their Pee-O-Meter in between it all. Not to say that wasn't fun, but it's like having an addicting game where you have to clean the sand from the beach off of you and then some dolt adds it to a Prince of Persia game.

Playbahnosh

Dec 12, 2007
Heh, judging by the number of comments it's obvious the majority of Sims players here are simply ashamed to post :)

I'm looking forward to this EXP, finally we can follow our Sims to work. Aside from being able to walk on the streets and around the neighborhood, this was the most sought-after feature in the entire Sims community. What else can they still put in that game to possibly make it more fun? There is not much left...

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
mmumford121 said:
Ok i know the song playing in the background of that vid was Saviour by Rise Against.......but what the hell language was it in ?????
Simish!
my favorite song happens to be the first song to ever be sung in simish lol

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
Great. Now I have one more reason to go out and spend 50$ on a game I cant afford.

And, there are already 3 expansions.

Oh well. Totally worth it if you get to be a Ghostbuster. (My favorite movie)

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
mmumford121 said:
It's in the language the Sims speak. Paramore also did a song for The Sims 2

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
Oh good more things that SHOULD OF BEEN IN THE GAME WHEN IT WAS RELEASED. I have a guilty pleasure relationship with the sims but i goddamn hate the people that make that game.

commasplice

Dec 24, 2009
I think more bands should write their lyrics in Simlish. It's interesting, at the very least. As far as the actual game goes, I haven't played The Sims since Online came out, but the whole tattoo thing actually sounds kind of fun. To me, anyway.

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
Darkside360 said:
The Austin said:
Great. Now I have one more reason to go out and spend 50$ on a game I cant afford.

And, there are already 3 expansions.

Oh well. Totally worth it if you get to be a Ghostbuster. (My favorite movie)
2. Stuff packs don't count as EP's.
Oh. So the expansions are World Adventures and Ambitions, but the stuff pack is High-end loft.

Gotcha.

commasplice

Dec 24, 2009
Insert Comedy Here said:
With this out, I wonder how long it's going to be before someone makes a Ghostbusters machinima rip-off.
Depends. How long do you think it'll take the pirates to crack it?