Play Blur, Enter for a Chance at an Autographed Zero Punctuation Cap

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Play Blur, Enter for a Chance at an Autographed Zero Punctuation Cap

The Escapist is giving away 1000 beta keys for Activision's upcoming release, Blur [http://www.blurgame.com/home] on Xbox LIVE for all Gold Members. You do not want to miss out on this twist on racing and action. As an added bonus, answer our questions about the demo correctly and you'll be entered into a random drawing for one (1) of two (2) Zero Punctuation caps signed by Yahtzee Crowshaw!

We will be giving out these keys until March 17th at 11:59PM EST or earlier, when all 1000 have been given away.

To get started, visit the contest page here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/blurgiveaway].

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
I got the key but it's only a 16-character, and redeeming a code requires a 25-character key. It just tells me it's not valid when I try and enter it. Any help? Am I missing something here?

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
MurderousToaster said:
I got the key but it's only a 16-character, and redeeming a code requires a 25-character key. It just tells me it's not valid when I try and enter it. Any help? Am I missing something here?
I updated the contest page with this link: http://blurgame.com/beta

Dublin Solo

Feb 18, 2010
MurderousToaster said:
Your avatar. It mesmerizes me.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
SMOKEMNHALO2001 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Alright!

Wait...Activision...GRRR!!!!
True but Bizarre Creations, yay! Since it's BC doing the game I can and will overlook Activision being the publishers.
PGR4...PGR4...PGR4...That stupid game with the shapes...PGR4...

SMOKEMNHALO2001

Sep 10, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
SMOKEMNHALO2001 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Alright!

True but Bizarre Creations, yay! Since it's BC doing the game I can and will overlook Activision being the publishers.
I like PGR and their Geometry War games but don't forget about The CLUB it was a fun shooter.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
SMOKEMNHALO2001 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
SMOKEMNHALO2001 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Alright!

I like PGR and their Geometry War games but don't forget about The CLUB it was a fun shooter.
50 Cent: Blood on the Sand ripped The Club off, and was pretty good, too.

SMOKEMNHALO2001

Sep 10, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
SMOKEMNHALO2001 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
SMOKEMNHALO2001 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Alright!

50 Cent: Blood on the Sand ripped The Club off, and was pretty good, too.
Now that I think about it there are similarities, now if only the story in Blood on the sand was as good as bulletproof then it would have been awesome.

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Alright sent my request to Activision, now I just need tyo finish my office work, and then its blur time! Now, as I am to understand it, is it like a burnout style racing game?

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
I'm not into racing games so I'll pass on this. Still I think if your going to hand out ZP merchandise instead of Ball Caps, you might try and come up with autographed hats of the style Yahtzee actually wears. Maybe start a fad.... :)

Oh and this reminds me, back when he was trying to launch that game damage thing, who actually won the snack bag from their contest? >:)

Totally irrelevent of course.

azazellee

Feb 22, 2010
I don't feel like setting up the Xbox Live.

Give me the hat anyways!
I will love and cherish it forever. And get it all sweaty!

Viruzzo

Jun 10, 2009
I alrady tried it at a friend's, I look forward to playing it with him... It's actually quite funny and really stylish, much more arcade than even PGR.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Just a quick aside, anything think that the 'Blur' logo is dangerously close in style to..well,.. Blur's? the band, that is.

Still, I think Blur are not together any more, but still, I'd probably have avoided making such a similarity when I'm using the exact same name.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Blast it, I'd love to join up and see if I can win that hat but I don't have a X-box in my house so that pretty much throws me out of the contest.

Lillowh

Oct 22, 2007
Thank you so much Escapist! I've been searching all around for a beta key for blur, and I finally got one here. Thank you for putting this up, I really appreciate it!

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Pah! And IGN wanted me to pay for a beta key! Thanks guys, much appreciated, will be playing some of this soon, in my head it's a multiplatform Project Gotham, before it lost it's way. Let's hope so.

Infinatex

BLAM!Headshot?!
May 19, 2009
HEY surprise surprise! It's actually kinda good! Racing games tend to bore me, well, except Burnout and this is like Burnout with bullets!!