Fox Fibbed About Leaked Wolverine Movie?

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Fox Fibbed About Leaked Wolverine Movie?

The unfinished workprint of the new Wolverine film was apparently not as unfinished as first thought.

When an unfinished version of X-Men Origins: Wolverine was leaked onto the internet, Fox were quick to announce that it was a "stolen, incomplete and early version" [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/90690], but some people are saying that the leaked workprint was a lot more finished than Fox were letting on.

According to Ain't It Cool News [http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40862], the leaked version was only missing some effects and some audio, but was complete in every other way. Contributor 'Veritas' has this to say about the film:

"Well, having seen the finished film, the mystery is solved: the workprint version IS in fact identical to the release print, sans effect and some audio work. It's obvious that FOX is trying their darndest to keep this news from getting out, because it will eliminate most of the motivation for people who have seen the workprint to pay for a ticket."
Veritas also mentions an unusually strict embargo on talking about the movie, saying that journalists were prevented from talking about the movie until two days before its US release on May 1st, which no doubt fueled his or her theory about Fox's statement.

Of course, we're going to have to wait and see if Veritas is living up to his or her name and telling the truth, but with all the pseudonyms and intrigue flying around, even the coverage is starting to feel like a superhero movie.

Source: via io9 [http://io9.com/5226426/the-ever+deepening-mystery-surrounding-wolverines-leak]

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
When I heard it was leaked onto the internet, I was appalled. You should never Illegally download any movies. Just family guy episodes that have been released in America and not the UK.

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
Catkid906 said:
When I heard it was leaked onto the internet, I was appalled. You should never Illegally download any movies. Just family guy episodes that have been released in America and not the UK.
There is HULU for that.

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
sneakypenguin said:
Catkid906 said:
There is HULU for that.
HULU doesnt work for the UK.

Ancientgamer

Jan 16, 2009
No effects or sound FX in an action movie? Yes, I'd call that unfinished. What makes Veritas' think fox has any kind of obligation to make people see the movie? (Besides a moral one?)

zauxz

Mar 8, 2009
Catkid906 said:
Dad?

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
Still sounds 'incomplete' to me. 'Some' special effects and audio-work sounds like it could really ruin the immersion (and how much exactly is 'some')

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Fox News Man says OH YEAH to this. We never give the complete truth, if we can help it, OH YEAH!

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
perhaps fox leaked it on purpose as part of the biggest viral campaign for a film yet involving 100,000 accomplices all in on the conspiracy. This could be bigger than the Apollo 11 moon landing *panics*

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Cousin_IT said:
perhaps fox leaked it on purpose as part of the biggest viral campaign for a film yet involving 100,000 accomplices all in on the conspiracy. This could be bigger than the Apollo 11 moon landing *panics*
Fox News man has a massive wage bill to pay now. OH ... crap... Fox News man needs an icly cold duff now, OH YEAH!

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
I have no interest in seeing the movie so you know I won't download it. My friend has though,but he refuses to watch it until he sees the movie. Which made me go "Why?"

Skrapt

May 6, 2008
no amount of special effects/added scenes could improve that piece of trash. I was curious so watched the workprint and the movie is awful, poor acting, no story arc and it hops about in the strangest of places you could put this down to being 'incomplete' but the sheer number of scenes that would be needed to make this film remotely watchable make that an impossibility.