Kane & Lynch Wish You Happy St. Patrick's Day

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Kane & Lynch Wish You Happy St. Patrick's Day

That rascally pair of criminals, Kane and Lynch, hope you have a festive St. Patty's Day.

What began as a Catholic holiday celebrating the patron saint of Ireland has, for many, turned into an excuse to drink truly alarming quantities of booze that's been dyed green. The criminally inclined stars of Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days [http://www.amazon.com/Kane-Lynch-2-Days-Xbox-360/dp/B0023CBY4E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278967065&sr=8-1-catcorr] would seem to be among that latter group, judging by the image IO Interactive sent over this morning.

Nothing says "our game is a winner" quite like a bloody guy blowing chunks, you know? Stay classy, guys. Stay classy. Well, they do at least urge everyone to "drink responsibly," so that's something, I guess.

Perhaps I'm just not seeing the genius here, but it seems to me that slapping your game's name on a picture of a guy getting sick all over his shoes is not the smartest way to hype your product. What do you guys think?

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
That is a class act.

Although I don't know why the guy was drinking...he obviously needs to go to the hospital for those wounds.

They're trying to show the game as "Edgy" and "Brutal".

ramox

Mar 11, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
That is a class act.

Although I don't know why the guy was drinking...he obviously needs to go to the hospital for those wounds.

Which is much more of a selling point these days then actual...quality?

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
ramox said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
That is a class act.

apparently. I'm not one for blood and puke.

ramox

Mar 11, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
ramox said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
That is a class act.

Well, i'm perfectly fine with blood and/or puke...it just doesn't make a bad game good or a good game better.

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
ramox said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
ramox said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
That is a class act.

Well, i'm perfectly fine with blood and/or puke...it just doesn't make a bad game good or a good game better.
idk...first person puking in Breakdown was pretty ****ed up.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Heh. I think it fits the game perfectly actually. And I doubt this is much more than the game's makers simply messing about. I think we're all taking this a bit too seriously here folks.

Prometherion

Jan 7, 2009
Yep, looks like Paddys Day to me... lets be honest paddy's day is a piss up. Most people who celebrate it arnt Irish, descendants of Irish or Catholics. Any excuse to get wrecked on a weekday.

St. Patrick is the patron saint of Ireland, strange how everyone in England cares more for St Patrick's day than St George's day.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Im not sure what to think of that but its certainly not selling it for me,...

fozzy360

I endorse Jurassic Park
Oct 20, 2009
I don't know about anybody else, but the picture gave me a good laugh.

almostgold

Dec 1, 2009
Fuck Kane & Lynch. almostgold wishes you St.Patrick's Day. I'm Catholic so it counts more. Also, forget that 'drink responsible' stuff. Its St. Patricks Day muthas, drink with a total disregard for decency, personal wellness, or the social consequences of your actions the next morning!

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
Well, it got me interested enough to look up what the game was about, so that's something, still not buying it though.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Kane & Lynch could have provided us with a lot more support by never being in another video game.