Question of the Day, March 19, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, March 19, 2010

God of War 3 ends the trilogy pretty definitively, but should Sony Santa Monica have kept on going?

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
No, every series needs to have an ending. Also consider that every review I've read for the game mentions the fact that GoW3 is already just more of the same.. an amazing more of the same, to be sure, but more of the same none the less. Let it go before it outlives it's welcome.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
End it. On a high note, from what I hear. I saw the ending, and that's how you end a series.

*hint*This doesn't mean SSM should stop making Hack N Slash games, just God of War games.*hint*

oOxatikeOo

May 20, 2009
I'm glad they're stopping it at the third one. Although more Kratos would be undoubtedly epic, if they continued it would just ruin the game series, giving more of the same. I havent played GOWIII yet, but I think its good that we get a taste of the epicness the game can show on a ps3,graphics and scale-wise, rather than having it just limited to the ps2. But yeah..

Echo136

Feb 22, 2010
I hate when games start to get milked for their value. If its got a good ending then theres no need to stretch it out anymore. Just make some other fighting game.

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
honestly, the series has severely bored me from the start. so really, i wouldn't care to see any more, as the existing content is already quite the yawn for me. but that's just me, i guess.

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
Voted Yes but only because I am shamed to admit I have not played ANY God of War games. so more of a I want to see SOME Kratos rather than more

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
Really, they've done the trilogy they were planning for the story and the character, if they tried to move anywhere forward with it it just won't make any sense. That and it'll get pretty tedious.

At least one prequel would be allowable though.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Hell fucking yes they should.

And besides, I thought the developers confirmed they were making another one and continuing the story of Kratos.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
No, they did it perfectly, more companies should take notes, quit while you're ahead, and in spectacular fashion.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Julianking93 said:

And besides, I thought the developers confirmed they were making another one and continuing the story of Kratos.
On the contrary, they have said this concludes his story, I did read something about a possible prequel or something.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
I think they have pretty much run the course with the series.

Let it get put to rest whilst it is still fresh

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Zing said:
Julianking93 said:

On the contrary, they have said this concludes his story, I did read something about a possible prequel or something.
That's what I mean, they said they've concluded the story of the Gods but they want to continue with Kratos and if you've finished God of War 3, you'd know that that's possible.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
StriderShinryu said:
No, every series needs to have an ending.
yeah with final fantasy after the first one!
how can you have more than one final fantasy? that is just weird but still make seven

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
End it now, please.

GoW 3 concluded it very well, and I wouldn't want the ending to be ruined. Let us leave it to our imagination.

Kingemoney

Dec 5, 2009
While God of War is a great series, I think Kratos will start to wear out his welcome with any more iterations. I'd be happy to see them reboot the series with a different setting and character, though.

axle 19

Bearer of the Necronomicon
Aug 2, 2008
They don't really have a reason to continue the series after the third game. A prequel would be nice if done properly and on the right console. Even then you shouldnt keep making a series over and over again until its so empty that you are forced to cast it aside. Let it end on a high note and a climactic close.