Letters to the Editor: I Know Kung Fu

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
I Know Kung Fu

Each week we publish letters sent to us regarding previous issues and highlight particularly interesting forum posts. If you'd like to comment on an article directly, send your letter to [email protected].

Read Full Article

ramox

Mar 11, 2010
I'm a bit (to say the least) disapointed by the staffs choice of response to the gunner/gamer article...
Just one response and on top of that one wholeheartedly agreeing with the article?
I already didn't like the original article for it's questionable pov and use of statistics but this selfpraising i like even less.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
ramox said:
I'm a bit (to say the least) disapointed by the staffs choice of response to the gunner/gamer article...
Just one response and on top of that one wholeheartedly agreeing with the article?
I already didn't like the original article for it's questionable pov and use of statistics but this selfpraising i like even less.
Coherence and being well-written are also qualities. We're not afraid to choose posts that disagree with our articles, as some of the other choices demonstrate.

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
oh wow, i didn't think anything i said was ever coherent enough to be considered for that haha. how rad is that.

Kojiro ftt

Apr 1, 2009
Thank you Whispering Death! That "Monopoly in the making" was a piece of shit article. One of the worst I have ever seen on Escapist.

ramox

Mar 11, 2010
John Funk said:
ramox said:
Coherence and being well-written are also qualities. We're not afraid to choose posts that disagree with our articles, as some of the other choices demonstrate.
I noticed that. But you got to admit that looks at least a tiny bit fishy when a "coherent and well-written" respnose is chosen especially for the most controversal topic of last weeks escapist.
I'm not implying anything. In the short time i'm here i got a very positive impression about the imopartiality of the stuff displeyed here (not counting the forums ofc).
However the intent, if any at all...i doesn't send cool vibes. At least in my direction.
But i guess having people getting suspisous and smelling baise isn't anything new to anyone the writing business, right?

Oh and:
oh wow, i didn't think anything i said was ever coherent enough to be considered for that haha. how rad is that.
Cheers mate ;o)

Whispering Death

May 24, 2009
Wow, I got published and it's the first comment. That's pretty cool!

This surprise put a nice smile on my face. Thanks Escapist!

nmaster64

Nov 7, 2007
uppitycracker said:
Whispering Death said:
This surprise put a nice smile on my face. Thanks Escapist!
Just dropping by to echo this sentiment.

Typhaeon

Dec 24, 2007
I love how the guy who responded to the guns article completely missed the point of why "IED Device" was being mocked in the first sentence he quoted. But then again, people who try to portray themselves as the "rational middle" are usually too obsessed with their own fattened egos to actually notice silly things like tautologies.

Honestly, the best you could find was someone whose letter consisted of spinning strawmen out of thin air to portray the far left and far right as "equally bad"? Not only that, but somebody who completely glosses over the incredible prevalence of school and workplace shootings around the US (not to mention accidental injury or death) compared to any other country thanks to lax regulation? Try harder.