MW2 Stimulus Package Maps get Preview Footage

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
MW2 Stimulus Package Maps get Preview Footage

Want to get a sneak preview of the new Modern Warfare 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Xbox-360/dp/B00269QLI8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278694263&sr=1-1] maps you'll be shooting up when the "Stimulus Package" hits on March 30th? Sure you do.

Now, I haven't actually played Modern Warfare 2 - I know, this makes me like one of twenty-three people on the entire planet or something - but I know that there are quite a few people out there who have, and who are still playing and enjoying the multiplayer quite a bit. So, for all of you out there waiting for the "Stimulus Package" map pack that hits as DLC on March 30th, have a video to tide you over.

There are five maps coming as a part of the Stimulus Package, two of which are fan favorites from the first Modern Warfare ("Crash" and "Overgrown"). The other three, however, are brand-new, and those three are the focus of the video.

"Bailout" is a larger map set in an apartment complex, with fighting taking place both at close quarters inside the buildings and at longer distances outside. "Salvage" is set in a bleak snow-covered junkyard, with narrow alleyways and paths resulting in surprises around every other corner, and "Storm" has outdoor combat with a central focal point in a large warehouse.

Don't play the game, but it still looks cool. It'll run you $15 when it comes out, but if you're a big enough fan, it might be worth it.

(Via VG247 [http://www.vg247.com/2010/03/24/modern-warfare-2-stimulus-package-gets-first-footage/])

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Ah yes, I've seen this on the 360 dashboard.

Overall it looks pretty sweet, I'm just not happy with the price.

Baron Khaine

Jun 24, 2009
Didn't realise Overgrown was a fan favourite, shame Broadcast isn't in there, easily my favourite map from CoD 4, that and Bloc.

Not that i'll be buying this, Paid Map Packs for the PC = nono.

Apr 28, 2008
If it wasn't for the high price, I would probably get this.

Before the game came out they said that the origional maps wouldn't work for MW2 due to balancing issues, and yet now they bring them back and apparantly only changed the graphics?

Yeah, I sense something amiss here...

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
Irridium said:

Before the game came out they said that the origional maps wouldn't work for MW2 due to balancing issues, and yet now they bring them back and apparantly only changed the graphics?

IW is turning into the king of contradiction these days.

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
Irridium said:

they changed the graphics..?
looks identical to me from the clips

Apr 28, 2008
MR T3D said:
Irridium said:

they changed the graphics..?
looks identical to me from the clips
They didn't change them that much, just tweaked them a bit. At least thats what I remember reading about them.

Dudemeister

Feb 24, 2008
Those new maps look really good.
But like everyone else, I won't be buying the pack because the pricing is stupid.
Activision really needs to stop hiking the price up on everything to do with Modern Warfare.
Too bad a bajillion people will still buy it .

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
Regardless of how sweet the maps look, the fact that we're being charged so much for it is insane.

What's that? Charging me $15 for three new maps and two I already own?

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Unsure if want...

Let me expand - I can see two of those maps being camping heaven. Hell it will be fun because it will be fast and frantic.. meh, lets see where it goes.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Not too sure with the price tag...is it just me or are they getting moe and mroe stingy with the content they release, but are happy to up the price tag?

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
So they want me to pay 15 ? for mappack which includes only 3 new maps and 2 maps recycled from the supperior predeccesor? Not happening.