Google Teams up With Nintendo for Wii Game

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Google Teams up With Nintendo for Wii Game

Google's name will soon be appearing alongside Nintendo's on a new Japanese Wii game

And Kensaku is an upcoming Wii game from developer Shift, and will make use of data from Google as players compete with one another to guess which search term has the most results. The game comes will 10,000 terms on the disc, and more can be added via the Wii's Wi-Fi connection.

It's a far cry from the rumors that circulated back in 2008 that Google was planning to buy Valve [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/86318-Is-Google-Planning-To-Buy-Valve], but it's interesting to see the company dabbling in areas you might not expect. So far, And Kensaku is only scheduled for a Japanese release, and taking a look at the screenshots, it doesn't look like it would have much appeal outside the country.

If for some reason you want to buy And Kensaku it is released on 29th April and will cost 4,800 yen, or a little over fifty bucks.

Source: 1up [http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3178587]

ad4m101

Jan 17, 2010
umm.. that game doesn't sound very fun. I don't know why any one would buy such a one dimensional game for $50.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Lol wut.
OT: I won't be getting this game but I guess if that's the kind of game people like then it's their business.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Now thats a duo I thought I would not see working together.

Seems like Google wants to get its fingers in all the pies, so to speak.

Wonder what this will go on to create in the future...

SUPA FRANKY

Aug 18, 2009
Disney: Well...there goes the universe.

Two media giants teaming together to create the game that had been foretold...how can it NOT make money?

Phoenixlight

Aug 24, 2008
The game sounds pretty boring and I think they may have to edit some of the things google-users search for.

Outlaw Torn

Dec 24, 2008
How strange, we used to play this game instead of working during IT lessons. Google are always watching...

dekuben

Jun 8, 2009
Cool story bro,

Also l2grammaz:

"The game comes WILL 10,000 terms on the disc, and more can be added via the Wii's Wi-Fi connection."