Stolen Pixels #182: RE: Your Claim

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Stolen Pixels #182: RE: Your Claim

Filing insurance claims in Red Faction is a total pain in the ass.

Read Full Article

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
lmao...I work in Insurance and I find the bit at the end absolutly hilarious! XD

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
"...We sympathize, we find those little shits annoying as well..."

Never before has anything on this site made me laugh that hard. :D

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Completely right. I remember when I jumped out of my car, ran into the side of an EDF car and instantly three miners opened up on it.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Friendly AI leaves a lot to be desired.

As does enemy AI. But we like our enemies stupid in sandbox games.

Not that it matters...

*knocks down building with hammer*

What was I complaining about?

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Friendly AI leaves a lot to be desired.

As does enemy AI. But we like our enemies stupid in sandbox games.

Not that it matters...

*knocks down building with hammer*

What was I complaining about?
Not sure about the Enemy AI behind stupid in Red Faction considering on higher difficulties they will murder you if you don't take cover, and sadly, like Chris Kohler (i hate that guy) mentioned on Game|Life, it's only on the casual difficulties that you really can enjoy running around with a hammer and blowing shit up.

LGC Pominator

Feb 11, 2009
I REALLY hated the random AI on RFG, Yahtzee had it pretty much spot on with his lamp-post attack comment...

By the way, it is Alec... everyone makes that mistake

Joe Deadman

Jan 9, 2010
Hah yeah that happens alot but at least the rebels occasionally drop off vehicles for you when you don't have one so I guess they are usefull for something.

I imagine the EDF have just as much problems with insurance though what with the billions of credits of damage you do.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
I like how in the end they don't even say whether they'll pay their insurance. 'We sympathize, but unfortunately you are still fucked.'

And yeah, that's not one of the points in which Yahtzee watchers will laugh at his amusing hyperbole, but one of the many in which they'll nod sagely whispering 'yes'. My biggest pet peeve, though, is that even though you can have squads of people following you, and they are much smarter about seating than your Saints' Row goons (using the back of trucks and vans, for instance), the stupid miners that join your cause aren't considered to be really following you and so even if they don't throw themselves on some bullets you can't even ferry them to where they'd be useful (as distractions).

Evil the White

Apr 16, 2009
Ahh, the good days of Red Faction. Kept me going through a bad breakup. Many happy hours spent vaporising the wings off of flying ships.