188: Forbidden Love?

Barry White

Feb 9, 2009
Forbidden Love?

She's a Red Pyro. He's a Blu Spy. Theirs is a love that should never be - but Barry White sure is glad that it is.

Read Full Article

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
The writing made me want to play TF2 more than anything.
Well I guess you'll be fine until the first time you get a "Domination" on her

TZer0

Jan 22, 2008
You're lucky, I want a GF like that :p

But it is true. Gaming is the most approachable geek-activity of them all.

Lukasa (J-Server)

Feb 10, 2009
Well said, well said indeed. Having played with/against this Jen character, I have to say you're an impressive teacher, but also demonstrate incredible trust: being prepared to take her into a world that is often juvenile and chauvinistic (one which could have easily put her off) shows more commitment than most would have. That there is reason enough for her to trust you in the future.

Oh, and say hi to her from me. ;)

grey_painter

Feb 10, 2009
Hopefully these events will become less of an unusualness and become the norm. Hopefully once the juvenile and chauvinistic tendency of the gaming world that Lukasa pointed out has died down a little. I'd still argue that we shouldn't completely wipe out those tendencies though since the world would be dull if we were all reading from the same page.

I look forward to the day when my girlfriend and myself both have our own computer so we can re-enact such activities, she has expressed interest already in playing Team Fortress 2. Though its likely she'll want to stay within arms reach so any kills I make against her are met with her giving me a beating in real life. Fun times.

Specter_

Dec 24, 2008
Barry White said:
Suddenly, I hear a frustrated cry from the next room and the words every boyfriend dreads hearing: "No more sex for you!"

I sigh, happily. I love that Pyro.
That made me smile inside ;)

dannyodwyer

Dec 3, 2007
My better half is on our bed right now curled up with her DS playing Professor Layton. We both stayed up the past few nights to do 'just one more puzzle'. I bought Scene-It over Christmas and she loves a game every few nights. She doesn't like the games I would tend to play wholesale, but when we strike middle ground it always ends in a good night.

Great article mate, Im proud of ya :p

VaioStreams

May 7, 2008
I need a girlfriend like that. it's not gaming that prevents me though. i ware gaming on my sleeve. it's out there for the world to see. i'm just shy as all hell when talking to a female i might be attracted to. backwards, i know

Hunde Des Krieg

Sep 30, 2008
RAKtheUndead said:
You know, my problem isn't inhibitions about the juvenile activities that I do. I have no hang-ups with being a computer gamer at all. The problem is that I do computing activities which are far more mature - and far more obscure. There's nobody outside a computer-science context who wants to hear about 2,000-word essays on computer technology predictions. The same applies to my interests in automotive technology, aeronautics and spaceflight.

The juvenile activities are easy to justify. It's my interests in other things that are difficult to explain, particularly as I'm what you may consider "eccentric" anyway.
Are the more "eccentric" parts part of your career? Or areas of study for a career? If so, what's there to justify?

Rolling Thunder

Dec 23, 2007
Nicely written. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Now I have to go and do something unspeakably evil to balance it out. Thank you

Chadling

Oct 8, 2008
Five... four... three... two... one...

AWWWWWWWWWW.....

Lukasa (J-Server) said:
but also demonstrate incredible trust: being prepared to take her into a world that is often juvenile and chauvinistic (one which could have easily put her off) shows more commitment than most would have.
I've found that the community in TF2 (unless you're on the Steam forums, or if you're playing on 2fort2furious) is a lot more mature than other games I've played. Most of the guys that talk on the servers I play on sound like college students and older, and they're just out to play a game.

Crusnik

Apr 16, 2008
Damn. I wish I had a GF to take sex from me over something as insubstantial as a kill in TF2 (Read: I wish I had a girlfriend (Read: Sex)).

I hate being single again.