188: Forbidden Love?

Resin213

Jan 22, 2009
A love of games is almost as attractive as a love of comics - they both share the same stigma and I happen to like both quite a bit. But its a changing world and I hope more women come to see this as interests of their own as well. Not having common interests with your partner, or at least not many is kind of unfortunate.

Syphonz

Aug 22, 2008
Cute story.

Well written. And I can already hear the domination sound playing in my head when I visualize that very senario. DUN DA DUNNAH!

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
I lose all my girlfriends because I insist on making love while listening to Rick Astley. :(

No Valentine's Day for me.

Spacelord

May 7, 2008
How perfect is it that this article, titled "forbidden love", was written by a man named Barry White?

wedrinkritalin

Aug 21, 2008
I know three girls who play tf2, two of them are pyros, but not the usual spam pyros, very good ambushing pyroes so who knows,

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Great article that made my day a lot better. Its still great to see that games can bring people closer together in a way that will make both people enjoy each others company. Nobody should ever hide their love of games, because even though some girls might find it nerdy and dislike it, doesn't mean that every girl does. There's always that one who loves gaming just as much as you do.

Raven28256

Sep 18, 2008
I never really had to introduce my girlfriend to gaming, she was already a gamer when we met. That said, she has branched out and tried a lot of games she normally wouldn't have tried on her own. When we met, she was more of a survival horror, RPG, and the occasional RTS girl. She didn't pick up shooters too much until she met me. I helped expand her genre tastes: She plays many more shooters and RTS games now. Likewise, I'm more willing to try games I normally wouldn't have tried because of her.

But...We often run into problems when trying to play together online: The maturity level of the average gamer. Unless we are playing a private match only with our friends, she won't use the mic or give any hint that she is a girl. The average gamer on Live, upon hearing a girl, either begins spamming her with friend requests and vulgar pick up lines, or starts going into some sexist rant. It isn't too bad on the PC and PS3, but on the 360...Dear God. It makes it hard for us to really enjoy our time together when playing over Live because it happens in EVERY SINGLE MATCH after she uses her mic. Constantly pressing the mute button gets really irritating.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
I read this story but for some reason it just didn't faze me at all, maybe I'm jaded and have all the emotional warmth of a dalek but I really don't understand how gaming brings couple's together. Not bashing the OP's post but I just don't see it.

Slackenerny

Oct 26, 2008
Great article. Reminded me of my wife playing Morrowind and watching her joy in exploring the Telvanni city (after I explained to her that while running around with a huge hammer she affectionately termed 'The Ratmasher' was all fine, it might be a good idea to wear something more protective than her underwear :) She was new to RPGs.

Thirdman

Dec 26, 2008
Loved the article, my girlfriend can't stand most games, but slowly over the last 3 years I think she has come to realize how much I enjoy them and even listens if I want to rant about the lighting in left4dead or how beautiful TF2 looks with my new graphics card. Also last night we were at a pub quiz with some friends we told her to put our team name down as epic fail and she wrote it entirely in leet! Plus she now watches ZP with me, slowly she is become closer and closer to being a gamer too... just need to get her to play real games (not just The Sims 2 all day).

P1p3s

Jan 16, 2009
see gaming is a great - my story is the other way round in that I'm a chick and needed to initiate my hubby in the ways of the game, we had to cut back on the star craft because his ego couldnt take it, but he's much better @ FPS's than me so the 360 gets a bashing more than our PC's now.

It's something though

TitsMcGee1804

Dec 24, 2008
you are a very very VERY lucky man, she is either a proper munter or you have a huge penis

my girlfriend falls out with me if i talk about any kind of game, especially online ones

i really hate her

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
Guys I date have to enjoy games if it is to work. They don't have to be good though, and unlikely is it they will be better than me (unless it isa genre they specialize in that I am not as capable, liek an RTS or Racer). My current bf sucks at GoW2, but I dont mind. But whoever killed him usually will die by my hand. :p
He IS a MGS fanboy though, so its not like he is not a gamer.