iPad Jailbroken in a Day

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
iPad Jailbroken in a Day

Just a day after its release, the iPad has been jailbroken.

The iPad has been jailbroken, and while it was inevitable that it was going to happen, but getting jailbroken after just one day on the market is still pretty amazing. The super-speedy break was performed by a well-known member of the 'iPhone Dev-Team' known as 'MuscleNerd', and is apparently a variation on the jailbreak used on the most recent iPhone OS.

For anyone hoping to do the same thing on their new toy might have to wait a little longer, because it took a fair amount of tinkering to get the hack to work, and a more user-friendly, automated version isn't available just yet, although chances are it won't be long before you can run any app you like on it.

Source: Gizmodo [http://gizmodo.com/5509219/apple-ipad-already-jailbroken]

notyouraveragejoe

Dehakchakala!
Nov 8, 2008
shirin238 said:
What does Jailbroken mean?
Its a synonym of hacking. It means they broke into them.

And only after a day. Hehehe...thats pretty funny. I quite like this. I'm sure that Apple is kinda pissed since they were probably hoping for a longer run.

Ze_Reaper_Of_Zeath

Feb 20, 2010
Lol, you can imagine the faces on Apple. "Heheheh, nobody is going to hack this bab....... WTF hacked in a day?"

They should do what Sony did with the Homebrew community.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Wow, I hope they catch those guys. I hate this kind of BS.
Edit: I don't like hackers. They're the type that pirate stuff and make viruses. Yes, they can make some good things, but for the most part it's probably going to be illegal reasons for cracking the code.

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
I like how people have to jailbreak these things to get the functionality they want.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
oppp7 said:
You hate being able to choose a service of your choice rather than being forced into whomever gives Apple the most money?

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
Not that surprising considering how similar the iPad OS is to the iPod and iPhone. Still, only needing 1 day isn't exactly a gloating point for their programmers (Apple's I mean.)

Camembert

Oct 21, 2009
oppp7 said:
Yeah, I really hate it when companies who can't even be bothered to pay their foreign workers minimum wage get fucked over, too. Such bullshit.

Kragg

Mar 30, 2010
yourbeliefs said:
Not that surprising considering how similar the iPad OS is to the iPod and iPhone. Still, only needing 1 day isn't exactly a gloating point for their programmers (Apple's I mean.)
or they didn't care about it since they knew it was going to happen much sooner than later

well i doubt theyd admit that :D

stabnex

Jun 30, 2009
Haha, yeah! Stick it to those Apple fuckers. I for one won't be buying one-or anything with their name or influence.

OT: 4.8 Million Dollar fine for industrial espionage for anyone who gets caught with a copyrighted/licensed hack job.

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
oppp7 said:
Edit: I don't like hackers. They're the type that pirate stuff and make viruses. Yes, they can make some good things, but for the most part it's probably going to be illegal reasons for cracking the code.
Thats a lovely generalization and assumption.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
TheComedown said:
lol this is awesome 1 day, hopefully its a blow to apples ego
I think they'd be in favour of it.

"So, we get AT&T's money, and now we get money from people who AREN'T on AT&T too! It's win-freakin'-win."

It just means it won't be as long before they sell their own jailbroken iPad. Just like with the iPhone.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Camembert said:
oppp7 said:
Yeah, I really hate it when companies who can't even be bothered to pay their foreign workers minimum wage get fucked over, too. Such bullshit.
Do you have an iPod/Phone/Toaster? If so, you just supported them.
Adrimor said:
That's great, but if you're stupid enough to buy an iPad, you deserve every last bit of brandlocking Apple tries to force on you.

oppp7 said:
What BS--letting people run applications without having to ask Steve Jobs for permission? Yeah, that's really heinous.
JEBWrench said:
oppp7 said:
You hate being able to choose a service of your choice rather than being forced into whomever gives Apple the most money?
Going by the explaination of jailbreak from the above posters. Explained my reasons in the edit. I probably don't know enough about Apple to get a good idea of the whole situation, but overall I normally see hackers as another term for pirates.