Faith Fighter 2: This Time, It's About Respect

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Faith Fighter 2: This Time, It's About Respect

It didn't take long Faith Fighter controversy [http://www.molleindustria.org] by releasing Faith Fighter 2, but this time around it's all about the tolerance and respect.

More than a year after its release, the Flash-based fighting game elsewhere [http://www.molleindustria.org/faith-fighter-old].

But the Italian studio apparently wanted to do more to express the depth of its regret over the controversy and thus it created Faith Fighter 2, a sequel that eschews the theological throw-down of the original for a simpler, more reflective experience. "We regretted the use of irony and violence and this time we want to offer you a positive, nonviolent educational game that teaches the universal values of tolerance and respect," the company said in a brief note. "This is a very simple game that can be played by children of all ages, religious leaders and even journalists!"

The rules are simple: "Faith Fighter 2 is a game about tolerance. Your goal is to give love and respect to all the religious entities on the screen," the game's load screen says. It may not offer as much in pure gameplay as the original Faith Fighter, but it does serve as a rather pointed response to the outcry and the real fun, I think, will be in watching the responses of those who were offended by the first game. Tolerance, respect and love can't be offensive, right?

Give it a try here [http://www.molleindustria.org/faith-fighter] and see for yourself.

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
You're untolerant! I hate u! If I ever get my hands on you I'll torture you with sandpaper you intolerant fuck!

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
I didnt respect a religion & now the world is a total mess :,(

very clever, tongue in cheek response to ignorant criticisms :D

Mar 17, 2009
I don't really think it's about the gameplay, I think it's more of a sarcastic response to all of the critics of the first game.

Caimekaze

Feb 2, 2008
Oh Christ. That is brilliant on so many levels.

Partly because of what happens when you fail, with the death, destruction and an admonishment, partly due to how damn hard it is. Not only are you doomed to fail, you're doomed to fail quickly.

I made it to twenty-eight years. What are some of the other people's bests?

Jagyr Ebonwood

Aug 19, 2008
I made it to 44 years before that Scientology alien died.

This game is awesome. Well, not really...it kind of sucks as a game, but as a response to criticism?

Pure win.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
I think it would have been better if the one with it's face blocked out never faded. Y'know, as a sort of jibe at it's followers and their incessant loudmouting intolerance of anything they disagree with...

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
I made it to 60 before I got sick of the music and let a deity starve.

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
I made it to 60 before I got sick of the music and let a deity starve.

Ushario

Mar 6, 2009
Thats pretty good, sort of a virtual 'spit in the face' move against these religious nuts.