The iPad: So Simple a Cat Can Use It

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
The iPad: So Simple a Cat Can Use It

How simple is the iPad and its games? One adorable fluffy kitty demonstrates precisely that.

I'm not exactly a fan of Apple products myself, but I will say this: The iPad (and products like it) are pretty damn intuitive for people to use. Why, they're so intuitive that you could use them by randomly batting at the screen - like, say, a cat.

Which is exactly what one iPad owner's feline friend does, as seen in the video above. The cat - named Iggy - makes his way through the iPad port of Keita Takahashi's Noby Noby Boy ($2), and then paws through the "Magic Piano" app ($3) just fine. And he looks adorable while doing it. Aww, who's a cute little iPad user? You are, yes you are!

Not only are Iggy's paws less greasy than human fingers, says the cat's human, but the screen was fine - claws aren't as strong as glass, after all.

Steve Jobs couldn't be reached for comment, but he was rumored to be taking this new information to R&D for Apple's next product to capture this heretofore-unknown potential audience. Word on the street is that Apple plans to announce the iCheezburger next month.

(Via Kotaku [http://ca.kotaku.com/5516829/even-a-cat-can-play-ipad-games])

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Entertaining cats: Yet another thing the iPad can do that other products can do cheaper and better!

That video is pretty damn cute, though.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
[HEADING=1]D'AWWWWWWWWWW!!![/HEADING]

Thats it, Apple have won me over. I'm getting an iPad JUST to try out on my cats XD

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
*mushy voice* Awww... Who's the adorable iPad using kitty?... =) This video is kinda pointless, but the cat's super cute.

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
Good to know I can mess with my cats on April 24th... what's that? Delayed? You're kidding? iDamn!

ThatTallGuy

Jul 24, 2009
I get the feeling that this video wouldn't be as cute if I tried it with my German Shepherd. On the other hand, I don't have an iPad to start with. But yeah, entertaining video. Might bring some truth to the ENN report about "Games for Pets."

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Oh my god that is sooooooo cute.
At one point he looks at the camera with an expression that said, "What, you find this amusing?"

The Undoer

Sep 13, 2009
The one real question: Are Cats secretly controlling our minds into loving them over the internet?

The one real answer: Yes, but only when they're kittens, or being ridiculously daft.

it's just... Fact now, no disputing it.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
That is totally adoreable!

That ENN episode is coming true, lol. I bet there wil be more!

InvisibleSeal

The Invisible One
May 3, 2009
Dawwwwwwwww that is so cute!! I love how it kept stopping him scrolling by pulling it back. Also, WOW that thing is sturdy.
antman9000 said:
keyboard cat: the next generation
Ahah awesome. And just adorable.