Join The Escapist Crew on Project Powder

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Join The Escapist Crew on Project Powder

Hello Escapist Community!

We have been invited by Outspark.com to come and have some fun in Project Powder, a snowboarding, trick thrashing MMO. The Escapist Staff has been playing it for the last week and we are all addicted! Outspark has been kind enough to offer all of The Escapist members an in-game Escapist hoodie and some practice time before the Beta Reader Tournament that will be live from May 8th through the 11th. Also, we've already set up our CREW, so send me an invite and we'll get you racing with the other Escapist members.

Directions for Download
Project Powder is PC only, so you will have to download the game prior to playing, but don't worry, it's free!

You can start by registering here: https://register.outspark.com/projectpowder?src=F&kyd=ProPow:april09:escapist

Once you've registered, download the game, run the updates and you are ready to race!

Joining The Escapist Crew
If you have ever played an MMO, guilds are everywhere. In Project Powder, guilds have been replaced with CREWS and we have one up and running! To join, follow these quick steps:

Step 1
Enter the Game

Getting your Escapist hoodie

In order to get your in-game Escapist hoodie, click this link: http://www.outspark.com/redeem?src=F&kyd=ProPow:april09:escapist

And then, enter this code and hit submit.
Coupon Code: 5f77d6f5-9914-4573-a7a5-ca9a75707ac9

It may take a couple days to get your hoodie but the Project Powder staff will get it to you before the tournament on the 8th. As a note, this hoodie is only available until May 4th, so set up your account and submit that coupon code.

Practice

The official tournament run by Outspark starts on May 8th, so practice up and get ready to compete for in-game prizes.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Woo, I'm up for that. I want one of those in-game hoodies! Only thing that would be better than that is a Bamalam hoodie... [/subliminal_messaging]

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Haha, I can't wait to join the "crew". I'm assuming we'll be able to try our skills out against some of the GMs? Hehe...fun times.

Good Ol' Escapist.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I Think I might just try this out and hope it doesn't distract me too much from my job search. A little wary of how a snowboard game would be controlled on a PC, but I'm sure they thought of something...

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Erm...I'm having trouble downloading it. It comes up with an error.

"Error reading initialization file"

Did you guys have this problem?

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
StarStruckStrumpets said:
Ok, I've joined...but I can't join the crew...any suggestions as to why?
Could be a bug with name lengths - not too long for registering, but too long to join a Crew for some reason (like paulgruberman, for example - argh!).

If anyone applies with a different name than their Escapist one (for the length reason, or any other), let us know so we recognize your application.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
paulgruberman said:
Ok, I've joined...but I can't join the crew...any suggestions as to why?
Could be a bug with name lengths - not too long for registering, but too long to join a Crew for some reason (like paulgruberman, for example - argh!).

If anyone applies with a different name than their Escapist one (for the length reason, or any other), let us know so we recognize your application.
I already had an account with Outspark, so my username is Vacian, thanks for the reminder.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009

Well...i've used my escapist name...bar the capitals...and I'd consider that to be quite long...maybe that is the issue.

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
Trivun said:
Woo, I'm up for that. I want one of those in-game hoodies! Only thing that would be better than that is a Bamalam hoodie... [/subliminal_messaging]
You know you have now made me listen to black betty 2/3 times, which has now lead on to play that funky music and from there most likely lead onto Le freak. I hope your proud of yourself :p

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Well...i've used my escapist name...bar the capitals...and I'd consider that to be quite long...maybe that is the issue.
It's a pain, but Spin's trying to see if they can fix that.

Zephirius

Jul 9, 2008
I already got my hoodie, might play before the 8th, I dunno. Just wanted that little collectible.

Oh yeah, my account name is Zaideros.