14-Year Old Kills Father for Taking Keyboard Away

Austin MacKenzie

Jan 26, 2010
14-Year Old Kills Father for Taking Keyboard Away

A 14-year-old boy is currently being held for killing his father as payback for having his computer keyboard taken from him as punishment.

The boy, who was not identified by the press, lives in the town of Tuapse, Russia. According to investigators, the boy's parents confiscated his keyboard after he spent an entire week playing videogames. Around 1 a.m. on April 12, the boy crept into his parents' room and attacked his father, bludgeoning him in the head with a sledgehammer at least twice and killing him.

Frightened, the boy's mother gave him back the keyboard, he returned to his computer and continued playing until he fell asleep. His mother notified relatives who got in touch with local police, who then took the boy into custody. The boy currently resides in a pre-trial detention center; under Russian law he is old enough to be charged with murder.

Source: <a href=http://www.news.com.au/technology/boy-kills-dad-with-sledgehammer-after-banned-from-playing-computer-games/story-e6frfro0-1225853471820>news.com.au via <a href=http://kotaku.com/5517574/teenage-boy-charged-with-killing-his-father-with-sledgehammer>Kotaku

(<a href=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3232/3049692026_c26357ab94.jpg>Image)

Jaded Scribe

Mar 29, 2010
This is crazy. Unfortunately, I'm sure if CNN or other parental groups get a hold of it, it will become another story of how "violent video games are ruining our kids" rather than seeing it for what it is: a kid with severe emotional and rage issues finally acts out, and in the worst way.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
I hope he was playing 'Putt Putt goes to the Moon' or something.
Otherwise the media is going to have a field-day with this.

The kid was obviously unhinged, and without knowledge of how this kid was raised, there are any number of reasons he's a little psychopath. But of course: They'll point at games.

Aloran

Oct 9, 2008
They're in Russia. Craaaaazy stuff happens there.

OT: That's really sad. One, because a man died because of a nutjob son who had severe problems.
two: because games/gamers will probably get the blame.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Well, that shit is fucked up as I like to say. The worse bit is the fact he returned to his computer as if nothing happened.

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
Theres an "In Soviet Russia" joke in here somewhere, I just can't see it.

The boy currently resides in a pre-trial detention center; under Russian law he is old enough to be charged with murder.
Well to be honest..good.

Primate

PROBATION
Mar 2, 2010
Yeep, you are both right baby tea and jaded scribe...
I wonder how long the world will ignore all these accusations against violent video games?
even though I don't want it to happen. eventually... "something" will happen.

HTID Raver

Jan 7, 2010
"Well, that shit is fucked up as I like to say. The worse bit is the fact he returned to his computer as if nothing happened."

yes that is the most f*cked up thing about this!

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
AHHH VIOLENT VIDEOGAMES WILL RUIN US ALL!!!!111

He was probably playing Farmville and obviously had some serious issues besides thsi. I mean. A Sledgehammer? Twice?

What is he Czernobog reincarnate? (cookie for spotting the reference).

Can't wait for Fox to run with this one!

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
"It's the games he plays!"

It's probably MS Paint he was playing. He should be charged the full amount, you can't just murder your dad when you've clearly played enough.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
... And if you thought the South Koreans were the most hardcore gamers, think again

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
What.

The.

Fuck.

Ety.

Fuck.

Fuck.

Seriously?!

Someone's got some underlying mental health issues.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
In addition to what everyone else has already said, I have a couple questions:

1) Why did the parents wait an entire week before taking the keyboard away? Surely even 24 solid hours would be cause for concern.

2) Question 2 has been removed, as four people have already responded to it.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
I can smell a shitstorm just over the horizon...

And I'll bet a psychological evaluation is in order...