Man Finds Marijuana in Used Game

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Man Finds Marijuana in Used Game

A father of a four-year-old boy in the U.K. got a bit of a surprise when he discovered that a used game he bought for his son included a special bonus: A small bag filled with marijuana.

Andy Brown of Littlehampton, West Sussex, picked up a copy of Fight Night Round 4 [http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=71408] from his local Blockbuster for his son Riley, who was of course quite thrilled to be given a new videogame to play. But he was also a bit confused when he found a small bag containing an unfamiliar herb-like substance jammed in behind the instructions.

"He'd only been playing the game ten minutes when he came down with the bag in his hand and asked, 'Daddy, what's this?'" his father said. "I checked and realized. I was horrified and took it off him straight away. But what if he'd thought it was sweets, and started munching away? It doesn't bear thinking about."

The bag contained a "small amount" of the evil weed and tobacco, presumably put there and then forgotten (I wonder why) by whoever traded in the game. Brown went back to the store to complain but they were apparently all like, hey, dude, relax. "They didn't seem too concerned and said they'd credit a free rental to my account. But this isn't a matter of a scratched CD or wrong disc, it's serious," he said.

Around this same time last year, something Grand Theft Auto 4 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/90800-Man-Finds-Ecstasy-Tabs-in-Used-GTA-Game]. A couple of spectacularly ill-conceived April Fool's pranks, perhaps?

Blockbuster [http://www.blockbuster.com/] said it is investigating the incident.

Source: The Sun [http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2934316/Boy-of-4-Riley-Brown-in-Xbox-game-drugs-find.html]

Mutie

Feb 2, 2009
I can understand his concern given the involvement of his child in the whole fiasco... but I think this is an idea that the games industry could really buy into!! (when the world sees sense, that is.)

SomeBoredGuy

Nov 18, 2009
Hehe. I know this is serious stuff and I probably shouldn't be laughing, but I can't help but think how cool it would have been if the drugs had been labelled "Use to make the game more fun".

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
Personaly I'd be thrilled by this find.

New game and some weed to go with it, would have made one hell of a saturday!

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
I used to work at Jumbo Video. One day this lady and her kid are in the store and she hands me this vial of hash oil that her kid found on the shelf. I betcha they disposed of it the same way I did lol.

HSIAMetalKing

Jan 2, 2008
I remember stashing some weed in a Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes box once-- if you have a lot of games on a shelf it's a great place to hide your stash.

Poomanchu745

Sep 11, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
"I checked and realized. I was horrified and took it off him straight away. But what if he'd thought it was sweets, and started munching away? It doesn't bear thinking about."
Really? Come one now. First off what dad gets their 4 year old kid fight night? Second, I don't think that a kid past the age of like 2 would try to eat something that looked like a plant like that, especially something that smells like weed.

SteinFaust

Jun 30, 2008
HSIAMetalKing said:
I remember stashing some weed in a Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes box once-- if you have a lot of games on a shelf it's a great place to hide your stash.
that would be JUST the thing to make the plot even better!

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
Oh my god, a bit of marijuana in a used game. Somebody call the FBI to put the store into quarantine and send all employees into concentration camps!

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
A game has drugs in it, and you post a picture featuring two black men fighting... shame on you escapist... shame on you.

Hahaha I'm just kidding.
yeah I've seen this, also, Esctasy(I think) was found in a video game case not long back, maybe this is a new way of trafficking drugs, an unsuccessful method given that none drug addicts are finding them.

Apr 28, 2008
Tiamat666 said:
Oh my god, a bit of marijuana in a used game. Somebody call the FBI to put the store into quarantine and send all employees into concentration camps!
Indeed! We must stop this from corrupting our youth!

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

OT: First, why would you buy your 4 year old fight night? Second, why the hell didn't the store clerks check for this kind of shit?

This just wreaks of human stupidity.

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
(sigh)

Que irresponsible reporters blowing out of proportion, dumb ass lawyers filing groundless lawsuits, and horrible horrible parents trying to ban the game.

In about... 5 minutes ago.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
"But what if he'd thought it was sweets, and started munching away? It doesn't bear thinking about."
It doesn't bear thinking about? Nothing awful would have happened...in fact nothing at all. Kid wouldn't have got high unless it was baked or smoked.