Rumor: Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Coming Soon [UPDATED]

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Rumor: Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Coming Soon [UPDATED]

Will one of the most beloved fighting series ever be getting a sequel soon?

The much loved Marvel Vs Capcom 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-vs-Capcom-2-Playstation/dp/B00006LEM1/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278528912&sr=1-2] made many epic showdowns possible: Ryu Vs Spider-Man, Wolverine Vs Zangief, Captain America Vs urr... Roll. It's been a long time since there's been anything new on the horizon for the series except for the release of the game on XBLA or PSN last year.

If rumors are to be believed, however, Marvel Vs Capcom 3 [http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-vs-Capcom-Worlds-Playstation-3/dp/B003IEBO9Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278528934&sr=1-1] could be out before the end of the year. According to anonymous sources, Capcom is working on the game as we speak. According to sources, the game will be a mix of the style of MvC 2 and Street Fighter IV and will be a high-definition disc-based release.

Wolverine, Spider-Man, The Hulk, Magneto, and Storm will apparently be returning, with the team behind the game saying that we will be blown away by the number of playable character in the game.

It's important to stress that all this is just rumor, and all the 'evidence' that points towards it - Marvel employees at Capcom press events and the Marvel Vs Capcom Twitter account firing up again - isn't proof exactly. The sources are claiming that the game will be officially announced next week, so I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Source: Planet Xbox 360 [http://www.planetxbox360.com/article_10306/Marvel_vs_Capcom_3_is_Coming_to_Xbox_360_from_Capcom]

UPDATE: A teaser trailer for the game has appeared on line, which seems pretty genuine. If it is a hoax, it's a very good one.

Chris Redfield Vs The Hulk? That doesn't seem fair.

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
why is it that they said go buy tatsunoku vs capcom and they will give a surprise but they give it to the people who didnt buy the game

C117

Aug 14, 2009
Let's hope they include Dante and Trish from Devil May Cry...

Moriarty

Apr 29, 2009
"one of the most beloved fighting series ever" ?

people actually like these games? I always assumed they were a cheap attempt to get rich through infusing crappy games with licenses

Apr 28, 2008
First I hear about classic Dreamcast games like Crazy Taxi coming to XBLA and now there's this?

"Today is a good day."

/TF2 Soldier

SavingPrincess

Bringin' Text-y Back
Feb 17, 2010
Moriarty said:
"one of the most beloved fighting series ever" ?

people actually like these games? I always assumed they were a cheap attempt to get rich through infusing crappy games with licenses
Yes, people like these [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/326.186115] games. Outside of the Street Fighter series proper, they're probably CAPCOM's most played fighting franchise.

I for one, hope this is more than just a rumor. This would probably be my most anticipated release of any potential game in existence.

XT inc

Jul 29, 2009
wrap it up I'm sold. As long as you don't tell me a few months later there's super mvc3.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
While i do love me some MvC...
Im not too excited.

I really wanted them to continue with Tatsunoko or a new company, Atlus perhaps?
But Marvel is kinda loosing its sheen to me, they have been making Capcom/Street Fighter vs X-men/Marvel sense 1997, and while i love MvC2, it had way to many characters IMO.
it was 3 On 3 so i knew it would have a nice Roster but, there are at least 13-25 characters i never play as, and with that many its hard for me to learn each move ans Special set, considering how complex come of the button combos are to me.

All in all, ill still get it if its true but, i was hoping they would continue with the new direction.

Notthatbright

Apr 13, 2010
Unfortunately there's no way this game can meet all the expectations that people would have for it.

It's either going to be missing characters, or moves, or unlocks, or something that will keep it from being perfect.

It will still be pretty good though, so there's that.

DudeMan1031

Jul 16, 2009
Oh god please let this be true!
I'm crossing my fingers, my toes, and everything in between.
Notthatbright said:
Unfortunately there's no way this game can meet all the expectations that people would have for it.

It's either going to be missing characters, or moves, or unlocks, or something that will keep it from being perfect.

It will still be pretty good though, so there's that.
That's where Super Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 will come in...

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I just shit a brick O.O

Better have: Iron Man, Thor, Cap, Dr. Doom and Thanos is all I'm saying. It be cool to finally have some members of the FF in one of these games for once.

VGFreak1225

Dec 21, 2008
I'd be more than willing to look into it. But if it is announced and it isn't coming to the Wii, I will yell it from the mountaintops that every PS3 and 360 owner that is bitching for Tatsunoko VS. Capcom to come to their console to STFU. They'll be having the far better deal than to continue complaining about not having it at this point.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Holy shit, a little bit of wee came out when I read about this rumour. This will be massive, although I can see there being some people raging about how disappointed they are no matter what they release.

Mr. GameBrain

Aug 10, 2009
Capcom better not be taking me for a ride on this!

I really want another marvel vs capcom.
Almost as much as I want another Capcom Vs SNK! (Best 2D fighter ever! :D)