Bayonetta Creator Wants to Make new Star Fox Game

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Bayonetta Creator Wants to Make new Star Fox Game

Bayonetta [http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=71452] creator and Platinum Games developer Hideki Kamiya wants to make a new Star Fox game very, very badly.

Following Shigeru Miyamoto's statement that he'd like to see another Star Fox game, Platinum's Hideki Kamiya has thrown his hat into the ring, saying that he'd not only like to make a new game, but that he'd like to do it at gunpoint.

"I want Nintendo's staff to come to Platinum, stick guns at us and tell us 'You guys make a new Star Fox,'" he said via Twitter.

Kamiya had a great deal of praise for the series and claimed to be so satisfied with Star Fox 64 - also know as Lylat Wars - that he mothballed a 3D shooter he planned to make, because there was no longer any need to do it.

Source: VG247 [http://www.vg247.com/2010/04/19/kamiya-force-me-to-do-new-starfox/]

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
Dear Nintendo,

[HEADING=2]For the love of all that is good and holy, LET HIM MAKE A NEW STAR FOX GAME!!![/HEADING][small]P.S: Please kill off Slippy...[/small]

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
No no no no no no no no no! I am not playing the game as the fox girl, i dont want to see anything like that, i want to go back to the days of Star Fox 64!

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
that actually sounds pretty epic... Make it so! If he makes it maybe the on-foot missions in star fox will be as good or even better than the flying.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
YES! YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

That would be awesome, i wonder what kind of combos he could come up with for Arwing and Landmaster combat.
If he adds the Blue Marine back in i think ill pass out.

I just hope he doesn't mess with the camera to much, if its made like the Bayonetta one, i think a lot more people will play it for Krystal...

Mr. Fister

Jun 21, 2008
I suppose this could work if Nintendo took the same route they're doing with Metroid: Other M, i.e. have a collaborative effort with another well-known developer but limiting their creative input to the actual gameplay. Actually, that would probably work quite well, as we'd get some solid gameplay without it turning into Star Fox: Krystalnetta.

Although I get the feeling Nintendo's already at work on Star Fox Wii since Miyamoto has already hinted at it twice.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
I wonder if they would do Star Fox in the style of Bayonetta...now, that would be intresting (Minus outfit and what not)

lol, be real sweet to see Fox kicking hide again!

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Adventure kinda sucked mostly due to poor implementation, but give me a straight up shooter or a adventure shooter were you get missions to get funds to upgrade your ships....HELL YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
We all already know Miyamoto's response, "I can't let you do that Hideki Kamiya!"

:(

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
HardRockSamurai said:
Dear Nintendo,

[HEADING=2]For the love of all that is good and holy, LET HIM MAKE A NEW STAR FOX GAME!!![/HEADING][small]P.S: Please kill off Slippy...[/small]
I must agree with this post. Star Fox Adventures has long been my candidate for the worst video game ever made. As much as I love Super Star Fox and Star Fox 64, the game has pretty much sucked since.
So I say, let hideki... Whatever his name is... Experiment with the game! If it doesn't work, oh well. Nothing lost!

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
I'm up for that..Star Fox needs an intro into today's world. Also if he does I beg and plead for the ability to kill Slippy

Thk13421

Nov 22, 2009
Yes, but only if it is in the style of Star Fox 64.

Any more of this 3rd person adventure game crap and I'm gonna hurt someone.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Fuck yeah!

About goddamn time for them to make a good new Star Fox game.

The last good one was on the fucking N64.