Bad Company 2 Gets DLC From Dr. Pepper

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Bad Company 2 Gets DLC From Dr. Pepper

Bad Company 2 is getting some free DLC, and all you have to do to get it is to drink Dr. Pepper.

EA's partnership with Dr.Pepper [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/97308-Dr-Pepper-Giving-Away-Free-EA-DLC] has reared its carbonated head again, this time in the form of free DLC for the Xbox 360 version Battlefield: Bad Company 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-Bad-Company-2-Xbox-360/dp/B001QXNBJM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278528465&sr=1-1].

Promotional bottles will hold special codes that you can input to get a cosmetic camouflage upgrade for one of the game's classes, as well as three new awards and a new achievement.

It's not all fizzy beverages and fun however, as unfortunately gamers outside the US will have to pony up some cash to get the updates, as the partnership between the two companies isn't in effect anywhere else. Each class update will cost 160 Microsoft points or 440 points for all four.

PC and PS3 versions of the updates are supposedly coming "later on".

Source: Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/20/battlefield-bad-company-2-dlc-available-through-dr-pepper/]

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
I wouldn't get it, I never get DLC unless its free, since I don't see the point of it otherwise

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
So... If I drink Dr. Pepper they'll give me free gamerscore?

Yeah. I'm not getting this game for sure now.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
This isn't really surprising. Dr. Pepper and EA have already been offering free DLC with Spore, Sims 3, and Battlefield Heros. The next logical step would be Bad Company 2.

It just saddens me that the greatest beverage of all time has to partner up with my most hated game publisher of all time.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
What are these skins actually going to look like? It isn't going to be Dr. Pepper camoflauge or some like that?

Vladamir69

Dec 18, 2008
Ive been waiting for this for EVAR!! I cant wait for all the new stuff.

EDIT: also i love dr. pepper

Nerf Ninja

Dec 20, 2008
They did the same thing with mass effect 2 you could use the codes as many times as you like. I did it to get all three visors they had for download, and I'm in England where the promotion wasn't running

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
Once again those of us in the UK are screwed over. It does get just a little bit annoying sometimes. They could at least give us something, i mean, its not like we don't drink our fair share of Dr Pepper

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
EMFCRACKSHOT said:
Once again those of us in the UK are screwed over. It does get just a little bit annoying sometimes. They could at least give us something, i mean, its not like we don't drink our fair share of Dr Pepper
At least you get Dr. Pepper, there are only like 5 sodas out here in Poland. 7up, Pepsi, Coke,Sprite, Fanta.
It really chafes me because I won't get back to the states until July and the promotion will probably be over.

Mike Yarrington

Mar 25, 2010
matrix3509 said:
It just saddens me that the greatest beverage of all time has to partner up with my most hated game publisher of all time.
Have you ever heard of a corporation called Activision?

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Gxas said:
So... If I drink Dr. Pepper they'll give me free gamerscore?

Yeah. I'm not getting this game for sure now.
As shitty as that Dr Pepper bullshit is, it is still an amazing game.

RetroViruses

Aug 7, 2008
matrix3509 said:
For me, it's more like my least favourite beverage teaming up with my least favourite publisher, on a game I have absolutely no interest in playing, but if you liked both, seems like a good idea.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
Mike Yarrington said:
matrix3509 said:
Activision finished second place in the "Great Douchebag Race of 2007-2008". So yes, I still hate EA more.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
Though it really is hilarious how people blame these corporations for the shitty laws in their own shitty countries that force them to pay for DLC thats free in the U.S.

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
Meh, new skins are the last thing I care about in this game. I never see myself anyway, so what's the point. Good for those who do care about the cosmetic aspects, I suppose, but no DLC would be good enough for me to drink Dr Pepper.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
EMFCRACKSHOT said:
American bias pisses me off. It's like most of the escapist comps are open to Americans only. Its good to see that all of the EA drones are into hating the none-American parts of the world and not just Bioware.

Remember the Bioware timer? Awesome news for the community, as long as you were American.

All of the "I used to be part of the community, now Im just[none American nationality]" banners did make me giggle though.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
matrix3509 said:
Mike Yarrington said:
matrix3509 said:
Activision finished second place in the "Great Douchebag Race of 2007-2008". So yes, I still hate EA more.
Yeah, but in the "Great Douchebag Race of 2009-2010" they're making great progress by tearing one of their dev studios apart at the seams in the interest of seeing what exactly is IN the golden goose. The answer? Lots and lots of lawsuits.

For the Runner Up we have Ubisoft releasing titles that literally cannot run and declaring it a victory over piracy.