Science!: Whales Fight Global Warming

Lauren Admire

Rawrchiteuthis
Aug 8, 2008
Science!: Whales Fight Global Warming

Inside: How losing your sense of smell may just help you live longer.

Read Full Article

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
...<url=http://nooooooooooooooo.com>I feel that this is called for now.
It's impossible! It has to be!
There must be another way of getting iron into the water.
[sup][sup]What is it with all the damn whales today?![/sup][/sup]

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
I still like my sense of smell...helps me know when I step in Dog do do lol

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
I think Woman X is Ayla (reference cookie is you get it). Oh and why would we want sperm to...you know...do what its supposed to do? I thought we had evolved to the point where its more fun and casual to kill them with a vengeance. I personally advocate depleted uranium chastity belts, every guy in 300 yards will thank you.....naw I jest but really? What other magical things will we discover with SCIENCE? (I personally hope for dinosaur cloning....or Immortality [http://openlibrary.org/b/OL11908686M/K%C3%A9thani])

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
Neonbob said:
Alright, that is it. Bob, if we have to destroy Mars and mine it of all its iron, I will be there.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
The idea of smart sperm terrifies me, I dont like the idea that my boys could rally together and take over my body. Perhaps soaking them in a nuclear reactor will show them whos the boss.

DarkDain

Jul 31, 2007
Oh wow this should be linked too that 'why dont we kill all the whales' thread thats going on.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Lexodus said:
Neonbob said:
Alright, that is it. Bob, if we have to destroy Mars and mine it of all its iron, I will be there.
Man, I love you.
You're always backing me up!
*hugs*

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
A new study of the genes of nearly 2000 people shows that our ancestors may have interbred with other species of humans, possibly with the likes of our favorite GEICO Neanderthal cavemen.
You know how it is. You're out eating fermented berries and you meet a girl... she invites you to have some of her lightly-burned rat dinner... you eat some more berries... she smiles and only three of her teeth have rotted out... you eat some more berries... in the firelight her brow-ridge casts interesting shadows on her forehead... you eat some more berries... and next morning you wake up beside some sort of Neanderthal!

"There is a little bit of Neanderthal leftover in almost all humans."
"Almost" indeed. I, for instance, have no DNA from the lesser races and am deserving of worship. WORSHIP ME, PRIMITIVES!

But seriously, don't news items tend to flip-flop on whether our ancestors were busy finding out how the other half humanoid lives? Every few years it seems to go from "Yes!" to "No!" and back.

And really, once you've been told that some human genetic code comes from viruses, the Neanderthal angle seems almost... pedestrian. Though I suppose generating a homo sapiens/homo neanderthalensis hybrid would be a lot more fun than a homo sapiens/varicella zoster hybrid....

warmonkey

Dec 2, 2009
So.. so Star Trek IV was right? Save the whales, save the planet? I.. I can't handle this. I can't deal with that. I need a drink and a half, at least.

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
Neonbob said:
Lexodus said:
Neonbob said:
Man, I love you.
*hugs*
I used to be whale-neutral, but then, that summer...
Besides, you need some backing up :) Can't just let you crusade against the whale-world without some support, right?

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Lexodus said:
Neonbob said:
Man, I love you.
*hugs*
I used to be whale-neutral, but then, that summer...
Besides, you need some backing up :) Can't just let you crusade against the whale-world without some support, right?
Ah yes...You told me about their treachery. We cannot let it stand.
And damn am I happy that you're with me.
Having someone I can do this with makes life easier.

GL2814E

Feb 16, 2010
Whale Poop saves the Earth! That will be the most Money headline ever written.

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
Landslide said:
Booyaa. See you all in 2150.
I'll be right there with you. I don't know how rare anosmia is, but you're the first other of our hallowed kind I've run into. I've never had a sense of smell, but this makes it all worthwhile. I'll see all of you other suckers, and your children's children, in the next life!

I do find one particular idea to be troubling, however, the idea that not smelling food increases the body's drive to store fat in 'survival mode'. Perhaps I work differently to a fly, but to me this sounds like the perfect excuse to whip out when Christmas indulgences take longer to burn off than usual. Like, until next Christmas.

Does this mean I have a Superpower?

wasalp

Dec 22, 2008
Ultrajoe said:
Landslide said:
Booyaa. See you all in 2150.
I'll be right there with you. I don't know how rare anosmia is, but you're the first other of our hallowed kind I've run into. I've never had a sense of smell, but this makes it all worthwhile. I'll see all of you other suckers, and your children's children, in the next life!

I do find one particular idea to be troubling, however, the idea that not smelling food increases the body's drive to store fat in 'survival mode'. Perhaps I work differently to a fly, but to me this sounds like the perfect excuse to whip out when Christmas indulgences take longer to burn off than usual. Like, until next Christmas.

Does this mean I have a Superpower?
Do you want it to mean you have a super power?