Sims 3 Coming to Consoles

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Sims 3 Coming to Consoles

A couple of years after Sims 3's PC release, console owners finally get to join the party.

After great success on the PC and Mac, EA has confirmed that it is bringing Sims 3 [http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=70858] to the Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, and DS later this year, with new, exclusive features and locations.

The 360 and PS3 versions are being designed with online functionality in mind, the Wii version will have an exclusive beachfront setting, and the DS version will let players design custom textures for their stuff.

"We're bringing players the best console and handheld game for The Sims franchise to date and are excited to offer a unique experience for all types of gamers on their platform of choice," said EA executive producer Sam Player.

"Building on the unique traits system, living open neighborhood, lifetime wishes, and endless customization options, we've tailored each platform of The Sims 3 with exclusive features to allow for even more control, creativity, and connectivity."

Source: MCV [http://www.mcvuk.com/news/38723/Sims-3-confirmed-for-consoles]

DethVanXan

Arch Inquisitor
Nov 23, 2009
Gah! What's up with that screenshot? Either consoles are a hell of a lot weaker thn I remember or EA aren't bothering with fancy graphics?

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
*Thinks of the last Sims game he played on a console*

Oh God no!

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Hooray!
I tried getting Sim 3 to work on my Netbook (Which can run Crysis), but apparently it doesn't like my machine having multiple display adapters. But now I'll be able to give it a shot with my 360! As long as they port it right, this could be a blast! And a way to get my wife gaming more! Sweet.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
Oh great. Maybe I'll buy it for the X360 so I can give it to my sister to play. No way in hell am I buying Sims 3 for the Wii.

comadorcrack

The Master of Speilingz
Mar 19, 2009
Oooooo The Sims... Perhaps... It would be nice to lay in bed with the controller and mindlessly build rather than sit at the desktop.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Dok Zombie said:
EA are gonna make a fortune in DLC for this...
Actually, I think they might make less on this gen's consoles. They may be able to sell a lot of dlc, but if you remember back to the Sims2 and the ps2 (which didn't support dlc), EA would release a whole new game for (almost) every expansion on the PC. I'm betting we'll be seeing $20 dlc packs, but they will probably be worth the money.

Or are you talking about tons of micro-transactions: like people buying the same leather pants in 5 different patterns for $3 a pop.

I don't know. My wife might buy a couple of things from that but I mostly just build weird houses so I doubt I'll be too interested in the dlc regardless.

SomeBoredGuy

Nov 18, 2009
And now everyone can experience the crushing disappointment and rivers of piss that is the Sims 3.

In case you didn't notice, I'm still quite miffed at having paid for the dull life simulator and, since it's on PC, I cannot trade it in for something less shit.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
hmmmm...

I might consider it, considering the Sims 3 looks AWFUL and is a bit laggy on my modest little Macbook.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
DethVanXan said:
Gah! What's up with that screenshot? Either consoles are a hell of a lot weaker thn I remember or EA aren't bothering with fancy graphics?
I think they're trying this new "gameplay" thing. It's probably a fad, but I'll be looking out for it in future.

dbmountain

Feb 24, 2010
"A couple of years after Sims 3's PC release, "

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Sims 3 hasn't even been out for a full year yet, has it?

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
Sir Ollie said:
*Thinks of the last Sims game he played on a console*

Oh God no!
TELL ME THAT STUPID LOOKING GAME ISN'T REAL!
It's 100% real.

Anyway, OT:

Eh, Not sure if this is really exciting, all the Sims ports i've played useually turn up lacking.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
Chipperz said:
DethVanXan said:
I think they're trying this new "gameplay" thing. It's probably a fad, but I'll be looking out for it in future.
Gameplay? in my sims? Unpossible!