Jane Jensen's Gray Matter Coming to the Xbox 360

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Jane Jensen's Gray Matter Coming to the Xbox 360

Gabriel Knight 3 [http://www.graymatter-game.com/] in 1999, will be released on the Xbox 360 alongside the PC later this year.

Originally announced back in 2003, Gray Matter has suffered through numerous lengthy delays but is finally set to come out later this year. Along with the PC version of the game, publisher dtp Entertainment [http://www.dtp-entertainment.com/en/index.php] revealed today that an Xbox 360 edition, modified to take advantage of the console's control system but otherwise identical in every respect, will be given a simultaneous release.

"With the Xbox 360 release, Gray Matter can reach a broader audience," designer Jane Jensen said, "especially people who don't play PC games very often."

Jensen may not have the fame of industry legends like Sid Meier or Peter Molyneux but her name is instantly recognizable to fans of the adventure genre thanks to her long tenure at Sierra, where she worked on games like Police Quest 3 and King's Quest 4 before making a splash with her first solo flight, Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers [http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/gabriel-knight-sins-of-the-fathers].

Gray Matter will continue in the "Jensen style," interweaving "gruesome incidents and supernatural events" as it tells the tale of reclusive, widowed neurologist David Styles and his new assistant, American vagabond and street artist Samantha Everett. When strange events follow in the wake of a seemingly harmless experiment, it's left up to Samantha to solve the mysteries of Dread Hill House.

Gray Matter will arrive in the final quarter of 2010 for the PC and Xbox 360.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Wait; why have I not heard about this game?! (...and why is it not on the Wii or DS, you know, consoles basically made for point'n'click games?).

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
This had totally come under my radar! Its good to see him still developing stuff, I was sure he had gone into the ether!

lasersandbearsohno

Nov 8, 2009
Lukeje said:
Wait; why have I not heard about this game?! (...and why is it not on the Wii or DS, you know, consoles basically made for point'n'click games?).
Porbably needs some sort of processing power so it can't come out on the Wii
Wha-zing
But in all seriousness probably because the majority of people who buy Wiis and DSs probably wouldn't be interested in "gruesome incidents". I mean I know there are people who do, but not enough to warrant a console port

pluizig

Jan 11, 2010
First Heavy Rain, now this. Why can't these games be released for PC as well? :sadface

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
Count me in!!! I loved all those old Sierra games (Police Quest, King's Quest, and Gabriel Knight). Certainly looking forward to it!!

pluizig said:
First Heavy Rain, now this. Why can't these games be released for PC as well? :sadface
Umm... It *will* be released on PC as well.
Andy Chalk said:
Gray Matter will arrive in the final quarter of 2010 for the PC and Xbox 360.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
With Silent Hill part billion just slain by Yathzee I am hoping this will be the new leader in horror gaming :)

Gray matter is also a good title for a horror game, hope it'll feature it graphically during gameplay and otherwise will be messing about in your own psyche ^^

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
This game seems to have flown under everybody's radar. It's got a pretty obvious GK vibe to it, which I suppose isn't much of a surprise coming from Jane Jensen. Definitely looking forward to it.

GL2814E

Feb 16, 2010
That will hopefully make a nice change of pace for me on the 360. I'll give it rental and if I enjoy it enough I might get it.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
revealed today that an Xbox 360 edition, modified to take advantage of the console's control system but otherwise identical in every respect, will be given a simultaneous release.
Wow, PC to 360? that's getting far too rare these days.

Thing is, will it tell you to press space bar and run and terrible speeds because of an inexcusably lazy port?

Acidwell

Beware of Snow Giraffes
Jun 13, 2009
Awesome a brand new point and click game is always a plus, between this and the monkey island 2 remake my mouse should be happy for at least a year

thatstheguy

Dec 27, 2008
Never heard about till now. Looks interesting enough, especially since I love adventure games. Whether this delayed game will be a TF2 or DOOM 3 is still up in the air though.

hansari

May 31, 2009
Andy Chalk" post="7.191469.6002018 said:
Gray Matter will arrive in the final quarter of 2010 for the PC and Xbox 360./quote]Hope to see you guys review this game!

ElectroJosh

Aug 27, 2009
I completely forgot about this since it was anounced. As a big fan of the Gabriel Knight series I am looking forward to something fresh from Jane Jensen.