190: Albert's Arcade

Pat M.

Jul 11, 2006
Albert's Arcade

The arcade scene in the United States has been slowly dying for years, but one man is trying to revive it - in his garage. Pat Miller speaks with Albert Carmona about Keystone II, the new Mecca for American Street Fighter players.

Read Full Article

roblikestoskate

Oct 16, 2008
I would love to live near Keystone II. I will say that all my interactions with the Street Fighter community have been extremely positive, even though I'm only talking about the online players I encounter on SSF2THD Remix.

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
Cheers to him, I'm glad things are working out so far. Nothing like that (that I know of) here in New York, but I guess it comes with the territory.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
The trouble with Arcades I think used to be the sheer cost of the machines, some running into tens of thousands, nowadays they really should be able to knock a SF4 machine out for say £1000 tops, I'd imagine.

With that kinda price, I would say they'd be more affordable to place in more locations, although of course they have to be in safe places or the screen will get stoved in by a chav who thinks the coloured lights on the screen is witchcraft and must smash all that he doesn't understand. (Which is everything).