Marvel vs. Disney Developed in Alternate Universe

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009

If cards had been played differently it's possible that the Hulk could have bashed Mickey Mouse's brains in, or vice versa.

Since the release of the first Marvel vs. Capcom game, everybody has had a fantasy about who or what they'd like to see the Marvel or Capcom universes go up against in a fighting game. DC Comics, Final Fantasy, and characters from The Notebook are certainly at the top of the list, but would you believe that Disney is a possibility?

Well, it's not, but that doesn't stop T.Q. Jefferson, Director of Marvel Games Digital Media Group, from wishing it could be possible. In a recent interview with Siliconera [http://www.siliconera.com/2010/04/30/marvel-vs-capcom-3-chat-with-director-of-marvel-games/], when asked what universe Jefferson would like to see Marvel go up against he replied: "Disney."

"Yeah, I'd love to see that! I'd love to see Goofy take on Wolverine. [Laughs!] Try to get that image out of your head! Or Donald Duck vs. Howard the Duck, that's classic."

He's quite obviously joking about pitting cute anthropomorphic characters up against genetically altered superheroes, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be awesome. Disney's characters even have natural special moves that they could annihilate foes with: 101 Dalmatian's 1001 Combo Bite Attack, Winnie the Poo's Honey Pot Smash, Dumbo's Ear Blast, Pinocchio's Nose Poke, and Bambi's Eat-Your-Parents'-Garden taunt move, not to mention that Fantasia Mickey would be an unstoppable force. A fighting game with Disney in it could even allow the majority of the world's population to live out their fantasies of violence against Hannah Montana.

With Disney purchasing Marvel [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/94313-Disney-to-Buy-Marvel-Comics] in 2009, who knows, maybe this game could really will happen someday. Most likely it will be only in my dreams, which are littered with the brains of cartoon characters already.

Source: Siliconera [http://www.siliconera.com/2010/04/30/marvel-vs-capcom-3-chat-with-director-of-marvel-games/]

The Random One

May 29, 2008
I, for one, would enjoy a SSB style Disney brawl. The Disney roster of characters is huge and varied when you stop to think about it, and between Duck Tales and Mickey's 'I AM SERIOUS DETECTIVE' phase most of them have been shown to be at least vaguely competent combatants. Plus, it would solve the ageless question of who would win a fight between Captain Jack Sparrow and Captain Hook if it took place on top of Uncle Scroodge's vault.

Mr. Grey

I changed my face, ya like it?
Aug 31, 2009
Darkwing Duck! Darkwing Duck! Darkwing Duck!

He must be in such a game if they are to make it. He simply must! He's the perfect character for this, it'd be a crime against humanity to not put him in such a game.

[sub]Obligation: I am Spartacus![/sub]

Sam G

Jul 14, 2009
Okay, how about this; X-Men's Beast versus Beautyandthe Beast. That'd actually be pretty damn awesome to watch!

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
And lets not forget how awesome Kingdom Hearts ended up being. Disney does own the original characters, right?

Now Wolverine vs. Axel would be a good match.

I forgot who said it, but when it comes to crossovers, people will eat that shit up.

of only Mugen were an official game, and random developers could create a character for it. Every developer can be given 3 characters from their list to add to the roster. If only...

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
I'd buy this game in an instant if it came out. Some Disney characters have already been proven capable fighters in Kingdom Hearts (Beast, Simba, Jack Skellington, etc) but I'd like to see some villains made into playable characters. Off the top of my head I can name Ursula (Little Mermaid), Randall and Waternoose (Monsters Inc), Zerg (Toy Story 2), Davy Jones (Pirates of the Caribbean), etc.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
A fighting game with Disney in it could even allow the majority of the world's population to live out their fantasies of violence against Hannah Montana.
DISNEY! MAKE IT HAPPEN ALL SHALL BE FORGIVEN!

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Tom Goldman said:

Disney's characters even have natural special moves that they could annihilate foes with: 101 Dalmatian's 1001 Combo Bite Attack, Winnie the Poo's Honey Pot Smash, Dumbo's Ear Blast, Pinocchio's Nose Poke, and Bambi's Eat-Your-Parents'-Garden taunt move, not to mention that Fantasia Mickey would be an unstoppable force.
That is Bloody brillant. o_O.

I for one who love to see a Dr. Facillier special attack that steals the fighter health and he says "Are you ready?"

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
No no no, they're not done milking Kingdom Hearts yet! More games not on shoddy handheld systems!

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Just think of Captain America saying, "What's this, Pete is picking on Mickey Mouse? Not on my watch," and then he bashes Pete with his shield.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
....interesting.

It sounds like a fun idea.

but in all seriousness.......i actually would like a 2d fighting game featuring
Capcom VS Kingdom Hearts characters......

.....its still Disney.......

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
it could even allow the majority of the world's population to live out their fantasies of violence against Hannah Montana.
sighhh if only

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
Characters from spectrobs would be good for the game as well, oh and you know putting it on the wii like what was originaly promised.

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
God that would be so awesome... if there was ever a game crying out for a fan creation this would be it... but unfortunately due to draconian trademark and copyright laws in the corporate run western nations it couldn't happen without the creators getting their asses sued off. Hell Disney once sued a kindergarten for "unauthorised" paintings on their walls of Disney characters.