CSI, Friends Actress Welcomes You to Halo: Reach Beta

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
CSI, Friends Actress Welcomes You to Halo: Reach Beta

If you're one of the thousands enlisting into the Halo: Reach [http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75976] beta today, fear not! Bungie has a video to get you up to speed, starring an actress who has appeared on shows like CSI: Miami and Friends.

[g4tv=45670]

Halo: Reach is a brand new Halo game, with plenty of new weapons, maps and abilities available to those entering the open beta that starts today. Understandably, those who haven't been prior coverage of the game [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100239-Behold-35-Minutes-of-Jetpack-tastic-Halo-Reach-Multiplayer-Footage] might feel a bit overwhelmed by all the new shinies.

That's why Bungie has prepared this helpful new multiplayer beta tutorial video that you see here. The video, hosted by San Francisco-born actress Aisha Tyler, gives a pretty thorough walkthrough of all of the new maps, gametype modes, abilities, and the like that players are likely to encounter when they run into the beta.

More developers should do this sort of thing when starting up a multiplayer beta, don't you think? It's very helpful, and has me eager to get my Spartan on and smash some fools in the face with the Gravity Hammer. It's half tutorial, half commercial, and pretty effective at both.

If you don't know who Aisha Tyler is, that's okay - that's what CSI: Crime Scene Investigation [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aisha_Tyler], with a few guest spots on shows like CSI: Miami.

It's certainly possible that Ms. Tyler is indeed a huge Halo fan, and that her enthusiasm in the video is in fact genuine and not just her putting on an act. But if you're claiming an attractive female actress likes playing Halo multiplayer hardcore?

That's quite ... a Reach.

(G4TV [http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/704349/Halo-Reach-Welcome-to-the-Beta-Video-Hosted-By-Actress-Aisha-Tyler.html])

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
John Funk said:

[HEADING=2]YEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!![/HEADING]

Gotta say, Reach looks pretty neat.
JETPACKS!

Feb 13, 2008
John Funk said:
But if you're claiming an attractive female actress likes playing Halo multiplayer hardcore?

Yeaaaaaaaaaahhh
*applauds* Almost exactly what I would have put.

Flying Dagger

Apr 14, 2009
Who from friends?
And she's clearly just reading off an autocue. Doesn't seem sincere at all.

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
Makes me want to buy all the Halos and beat them before this game comes out. Seriously looks like fun.

TxMxRonin

Jan 1, 2009
Do people laugh at these things? I get it, she's a comedian, her act is actually funny but come on. How hack can you get? Could it be anymore obvious she was reading from a script?

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
What I'm wondering is where the fuck all those weapons disappeared to in the original trilogy. Reach is a prequel, it's not the time to introduce new shit, otherwise you just fuck up continuity.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
CarrionRoc said:
Do people laugh at these things? I get it, she's a comedian, her act is actually funny but come on. How hack can you get? Could it be anymore obvious she was reading from a script?
I'm not a Halo fan, but I have mixed opinions on the whole thing. There have been enough hot celebrity girls showing interest in one nerd-pastime or another where it doesn't stretch disbelief. I'd imagine even if she was a fan she'd still wind up having to use a script rather than winging it... that's just how this stuff works professionally.

Not saying she is a fan, or she isn't. Just that it wouldn't surprise me is all.

I became a little less skeptical when someone (here on The Escapist) managed to actually prove that Asia Carrera actually played Unreal, and ran her own servers. Not my taste in games, but well... there you go. Then we've got this whole "I hit it with my axe" thing even though I couldn't make it all the way through the first episode. :p

Flying Dagger

Apr 14, 2009
Therumancer said:
I became a little less skeptical when someone (here on The Escapist) managed to actually prove that Asia Carrera actually played Unreal, and ran her own servers. Not my taste in games, but well... there you go. Then we've got this whole "I hit it with my axe" thing even though I couldn't make it all the way through the first episode. :p
Urgh me either on the "I hit it with my axe"
the premise just deterred me from the start.

[sub](also I didn't intend to forumstalk you)[/sub]

SomeGuyNamedKy

Sep 25, 2008
Man, I still haven't gotten the code they promised me like two months ago.

I feel left out for some reason, and I don't even really like Halo too much...

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Lord_Panzer said:
John Funk said:

[HEADING=2]YEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!![/HEADING]

Gotta say, Reach looks pretty neat.
JETPACKS!
lmao, I knew it was coming from somewhere! XD

Although, she does put alot of energy into the commercial, I will give her that for sure

ThisWasAWaste

Aug 7, 2009
No interest in halo myself.

John Funk said:
But if you're claiming an attractive female actress likes playing Halo multiplayer hardcore?

I know this has already been said...

But, well done sir.

s_glasgow99

Jan 8, 2010
damn, I'm not really a Halo fan, but this looks like the next big thing in FPSDM. There shear amount of options and playing styles available to you in this beta means that game will be THAT much better. And simply the act of doing a live beta is proof that Bungie wants the Halo series to finish off with the definitive deathmatch experience. I wasn't interested in the least of a new Halo game, but my mind has definately been changed.
This just might replace my Goldeneye and Unreal Tournament :)

FightThePower

The Voice of Treason
Dec 17, 2008
John Funk said:

Not really, attractive Halo playing girls do exist. I know one.