Get Five Great Indie Games for Any Price You Want

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Get Five Great Indie Games for Any Price You Want

Five independent game developers have come together to create the Humble Indie Bundle, a collection of five awesome games that you can buy for whatever price you want. (And donate to charity in the process!)

"Pay What You Want" sales are great things. For those who may be unfamiliar with the phenomenon, it's a pretty simple concept: Game makers put their product on sale and you get to pick the price. Indie hits pretty well [http://www.worldofgoo.com/].

But the new Humble Indie Bundle takes it a step further by offering not just one game at any price you'd care to name, but five - and they aren't sucko pieces of crap, either. The bundle includes World of Goo, Penumbra Overture [http://www.bit-blot.com/aquaria/], all for the low, low price of whatever the hell you want to pay.

And that's not all! Some or all (or none, if you're that kind of person) of the bundle's price can be directed to the Child's Play [http://www.eff.org/]; the payment can be divided into any proportions the buyer wants.

Four out of five of these games are pretty damn good (I've never played Lugaru, but it looks pretty groovy) and putting them together in a bundle and letting people slap their own price tag on it is just mind-bogglingly awesome. Of course, there will always be wolfire.com/humble [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/97366-Name-Your-Own-Price-for-Crayon-Physics-Deluxe].

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I love Aquaria so much. Don't pass this up, any of you!

btw, World of Goo had a MASSIVE piracy rate. I think I heard it was around 90%.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
WOO! awesome song!

Also awesome games, i will pay 5 dollars for my copy (i already own 3 of them and lugaru doesn't like its something for me) and 15 for my brothers, yay for gifts.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
sneakypenguin said:
5 games for a penny why not.
or you know, for 1 dollar, i think paypals cut is 1 or 10 cents, so any less and the creators and charity's wont get anything.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
I was actually about to go in there and say 0 dollars, but then I felt so guilty I couldn't go through with it. Damn you, charity sales!
I'll get around to getting this pretty soon I hope.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
It's only on sale for a week? Aww! I wouldn't feel right giving less than $20, and I don't get paid until next friday. Such the moral dilemma.

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
Swaki said:
sneakypenguin said:
5 games for a penny why not.
or you know, for 1 dollar, i think paypals cut is 1 or 10 cents, so any less and the creators and charity's wont get anything.
Exactly, if you put a product up for a penny thats what i'll pay. I have no interest in supporting a company solely on my charity lol.

Nincompoop

May 24, 2009
Lol, I just read about it on their webpage. How awesome it got this kind of coverage!

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Well I hope that my credit card payment goes through on time on Friday, because this is something I can support

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
My sense of gamer unity overtook my general ability to be a dick, so I paid something worthwhile.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
AngryMongoose said:
I don't have a PayPal account...

Brb, off to see how easy it is to set up a paypal account.
It's really easy... It just makes it so that you make lots more impulsive purchases. Like this one, damn it. At least it's for a good cause.

wolf thing

Nov 18, 2009
LUGARU. yes have look every were for that i will by.
i do all ready own world of goo but sins its for charity

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
hehe, thats ptetty epic! Goes to show its not all about the money, but fun too!

10BIT

Sep 14, 2008
Damn it! I already own and love all these games (except Lugaru, need to google search to find out what that is). I think I might just end up gifting them to friends anyway.

SHWiMM

Sep 30, 2009
Right before I depart upon a trek of epic proportions with my maiden mactop. Perfect timing.

blalien

Jul 3, 2009
I think I'm not going to buy these games just out of spite for making me listen to a keytar solo.

Aquaria is pretty awesome, though.

Lord George

Aug 25, 2008
Haha I like what happens if you put in less then a dollar, Ah I'll give them a dollar then I guess thats like 50 pence.